The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The road monsters are coming > Comments

The road monsters are coming : Comments

By Alan Parker, published 17/9/2008

First we had B-Doubles, now we have B-Triples. For a city cyclist this is equivalent to a terrorist attack!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
*A pox on all trucks during peak times in our cities*

Sheesh, how dare those trucks deliver food and other goods, to
keep city slickers fed and clothed? Ban those trucks I say,
let the complaining city slickers cope without food supplies :)
Posted by Yabby, Sunday, 21 September 2008 2:35:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I dont ride a bike on the roads however cyclists are citizens who pay taxes and tolls. In a recent Sydney road rage incident a number of cyclists in single file in the left lane, early in the morning on what was apparently a regular fitness run, were mown down by a braindead moron because they 'were giving him the sh**s' or somesuch. Cyclists seem to push certain drivers buttons. Whereas its 'certain drivers' needing chronic interventionist anger management and counselling, their licence cancelled, vehicles seized and sold by the courts, huge fines imposed, be named and shamed, and jail terms. Just who is the problem here? Drivers and their attitude are the ones in possession of the weapon of mass destruction that gets flung about with often reckless abandon. I have yet to hear of a truck or car being swept off the road or into the path of another vehicle or sucked under the wheels by the crazed monsters operating bicycles. However I have heard of quite a number here and elsewhere who operate cars, and especially, trucks. The bigger the truck, the bigger the attitude. Compensating for deficiencies elsewhere perhaps? The more bogeys, the greater the air turbulence. I've driven a large van at 100k+ on the highway and been passed like I was standing still by huge roadtrains; bloody great trucks with massive bogeys. I had to fight damn hard to maintain control. I drove a large van. I'm a strong man with many years driving. It was the open road. It scared the crap out of me. Its happend to me in WA, SA, Vic, NSW, Qld. What possible chance does a cyclist or pedestrian have in the city? What crazed fool thought this would be a good idea? What corrupt maniacs let it go through parliament? FIX THE BLOODY RAIL SYSTEM. GET THESE MONSTROSITIES OFF OUR ROADS. Maybe then we can have a little less stress in our already hugely overstressed lives.
Posted by omygodnoitsitsitsyou, Monday, 22 September 2008 11:53:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy