The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > One hundred years of drought and flooding rains > Comments

One hundred years of drought and flooding rains : Comments

By Ian Castles, published 5/9/2008

The Prime Minister has raised the spectre of 'exceptional or extreme drought' every one or two years. What does the science say?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
"It is still my hope that the authors of the report will defend their work, as good scientists should."

...and the silence of deafening. I wonder why that might be.?
Posted by bigmal, Friday, 5 September 2008 1:25:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Come no bigmal, you know damn well.

Much as most of these people know they have to comply with K RUDD's instructions for their report, they don't like actually lying, particularly personally, in public.

The one I know has signed up to do dentistry next year.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 5 September 2008 1:51:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
bigmal: "...and the silence of deafening. I wonder why that might be.?"

Not quite silent - I think I hear the quiet whisper of climate change deniers' credibility deflating, possibly drowned out by the sound of ice caps and glaciers collapsing, or the clink of fossil fuel industry money that funds the denial 'research'.

Ian Castles write for the Lavoisier group, whose mission to sabotage policies that might fix climate change.

"The sources of funding for the group are not public, but it has links to many groups that have until recently been funded as part of the the Exxon Mobil Climate change denial campaign."
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavoisier_group

That mission has largely failed.

Nobody is their right mind is going to waste their time reading this article that attempts to look like a science paper - written here presumably because there is not even a remote possibility that a climate science journal would accept it.
Posted by Sams, Friday, 5 September 2008 1:53:37 PM
I"ve never written anything for the Lavoisier Group, Sams. On several occasions I've been glad to agree to requests from that Group (and from other organisations) to publish papers of mine that have been published or presented elsewhere.
Posted by IanC, Friday, 5 September 2008 3:02:46 PM
Sams comments are typical of the global warming advocates. No rational, scientific arguments just ad hominem attacks. Perhaps he should read Professor P. Stott's article on "Cognitive dissonance" at his "Global Warming Politics" blog.
Posted by hotair, Friday, 5 September 2008 4:06:19 PM
you gotta be kiddin are'nt you, sams. We already saw this episode last week - the one where you were belted out of the ring and here you go with the same rubbish. (Here's one of your little hints for you: why don't you actually say somethign?) You say "this is a policy discussion, not a science forum." so why dont you? or are you an astroturfer?
Posted by dogstarr, Friday, 5 September 2008 5:39:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy