The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Don't forget Yugoslavia > Comments

Don't forget Yugoslavia : Comments

By John Pilger, published 20/8/2008

A largely ignored memoir by the former chief prosecutor in The Hague digs beneath the received wisdom for the break-up of Yugoslavia.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I quite like this analysis of what happened in Yugoslavia alogether.
It fits in with John Pilgers opinion.

http://www.michaelparenti.org/yugoslavia.html
Posted by Ho Hum, Wednesday, 20 August 2008 10:08:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm checking myself into RE-HAB....for the first time in my life.. I actually support John Pilgers view.. I am very very sick.

Yes.. NATO did commit a horrific mistake and war crime in the bombing of the Serbs....

and it will come back to bite them in the bum... eventually.
Posted by Polycarp, Thursday, 21 August 2008 11:16:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Excellent article. I’ll take JP’s passionate polemics to the MSM’s fake objectivity any day.

My main recollection of the TV-news war in Bosnia and Kosovo is of being told night after night that the ‘former Yugoslavia’ was an impoverished communist backwater torn apart by historical tribal hatreds that suddenly unleashed the occult evils of genocide and mass rape – and that this was all the fault of some Serb called Milosevic.

Yet what I mostly SAW were masses of prosperous, well-dressed, middle-class types mostly fleeing the bombs falling on their cities and villages. Regardless of where these bombs were coming from, the footage was routinely accompanied by scenes of mass graves and regular close-ups of that same Milosevic guy.

Ho Hum

Thanks for that great link. Another article I would recommend is this one by Edward S. Herman: ‘Srebrenica and the politics of war crimes’ http://www.srebrenica-report.com/politics.htm

Warning! The research on which content this article is based has been tarred with the same brush as Holocaust denial and the loopier strains of 911 conspiracism. Read at own risk!
Posted by SJF, Saturday, 23 August 2008 1:27:52 PM
Yes, I too think it is strange that the West would overturn a Christian leadership and co-existing non-radical Muslim elements fo and replace them with the possibility of independent and more radical Muslim states, but, there's no money in stability.
Posted by Reality Check, Monday, 1 September 2008 2:10:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy