The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > No smoking hot spot > Comments

No smoking hot spot : Comments

By David Evans, published 22/7/2008

There has not been a public debate about the causes of global warming: most are not aware of the most basic salient facts.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
Bowed but unbloodied OLO continues the fight.
http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2008/07/the_australians_war_on_science_16.php
Posted by Taswegian, Tuesday, 22 July 2008 9:07:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yeah Taswegian. Having backed itself into its denialist corner, OLO continues to publish this kind of rubbish. Every climate change denialist should read Lambert's refutation of Evans' twaddle.

Such a shame, really.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 22 July 2008 9:39:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have forwarded this article to the Hon. Bruce Scott MP who represents my electorate. This is a region with huge energy reserves of coal, gas and underground water - all with the potential to give us much less expensive fuels if allowed to reach their potential.
On a totally different point, our district in Queensland had frost and snow in November, a spring like summer and an early frost on 30th March. The reality here is that we are not experiencing higher temperatures.
Posted by Country girl, Tuesday, 22 July 2008 10:08:54 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Your area is certainly experiencing some pretty heavy climate change though, Country girl. Better leave that coal in the ground.
Posted by Shadyoasis, Tuesday, 22 July 2008 10:22:46 AM
Country girl: << our district in Queensland had frost and snow in November, a spring like summer and an early frost on 30th March. The reality here is that we are not experiencing higher temperatures >>

I live in the same district as you do, and I note that the irises are starting to bloom, the fruit trees are budding early and the birds are all doing their spring mating thing in the middle of July. Also, I've had to mow my lawn and slash my paddocks for the first time ever in winter.

Forward Evans' denialist article to Bruce the Goose by all means - he's thick enough to swallow it, I'm sure. I'd suggest you direct him to Tim Lambert's demolition of Evans' excuse for an argument too, but there's too many stats and facts there for the poor old fellow.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 22 July 2008 10:58:22 AM
There we are then!

“The world has spent $50 billion on global warming since 1990, and we have not found any actual evidence that carbon emissions cause global warming. Evidence consists of observations made by someone at some time that supports the idea that carbon emissions cause global warming. Computer models and theoretical calculations are not evidence, they are just theory.”

The Government knows that we are not convinced. They are going to spend more of our money on TV commercials - something Rudd damned Howard for doing – to try to convince us of the consequences of not spending more of our money, and charging us more just to live, to cut carbon emissions.

But still the first two posts condemn a man who: “was a consultant to the Australian Greenhouse Office from 1999 to 2005”.

With that qualification, the alarmists would have been all over him like a rash if he had said what they wanted to hear.

Last night, after seeing a couple of examples of the propaganda TV commercials soon to be aired, l switched to ‘4 Corners’ and the great hoax of the petrol consumption tablet and the perpetrator of that hoax, who conned governments, movie stars and Austrade out of millions.

It’s not just little old ladies who can be conned; and it’s beginning to look more and more that a lot of ‘smart’, ‘intelligent’ and influential people have been well and truly duped by the carbon emissions tricksters.

Unfortunately, the rest of us are also going to have to pay dearly for their stupidity.
Posted by Mr. Right, Tuesday, 22 July 2008 11:06:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy