The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Afghanistan - a threat to Pakistan > Comments

Afghanistan - a threat to Pakistan : Comments

By Syed Atiq ul Hassan, published 1/7/2008

Pakistan's support of Afghanistan has brought it nothing but trouble.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I fully agree with the analysis of the writer, Mr Hassan, in relation to Afghan-Pakistan relationship and the current situation in the region.

I was taken aback when I saw President Karzai's recent statement, in which he lietrally blamed Pakistan for all what was happening in Afghanistan, and that he had right to send in his troops to fight within Pakistan borders.

Pakistan was dragged into Afghan war in the seventees and this unwilling participation has impacted heavily and irreversibly on Pakistani society. The Afghan war gave Pakistanis gifts like drugs, klashinkovs and food shortages. Pakistan was forced to feed millions of refugees from Afghanistan for more than a decade.

Now, despite being grateful, when President Karzai shows Pakistan his teeth, it is simply deplorable.
Posted by Mohammed, Monday, 7 July 2008 5:34:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nations do not interact with each other on the basis of "friendship" they do so only for self interest. Pakistan supported Afghan War with the than Soviet Union to protect itself from communism and should have known its costs. Iran also welcomed the Afghan refugees in that era but face none of these problems. Why?

I think Pakistan faces a threat from within and not from any forces outside of it. President Karzai's threats are not being issued because suddenly Afghanistan has become powerful but he is issuing them as he thinks Pakistan has gone weak and is growing weaker by the day due to its internal problems.
Posted by Ahmed Saeed, Saturday, 19 July 2008 12:25:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Although Mr Atiqul Hassan tried his best to come up with the conclusion that relationship with Afghanistan cost much to Pakistan. But he overlooked the foreighn policies of our own country especially with our own neighbours. Afghanistan ONLY is not the country we have threat but we have major threat from somewhere else. We all know that only the tongue of Karzai was being used but from where these instructions are coming. Please analyse and realise the real fact. We have to see the roots of the problem not the problem itself. Our own political leaders, our own ARMY, our own beurocracy is responsible to bring our great Pakistan to such a position where we are getting threat even the country like Afghanistan.
Why don't we diagnose and find out the solution of our political and non political issues within our own nation? within our own country? Why we are looking to some one else for our help? Why we are blaming Afghanistan that we never got fruitfull relationship? Why we do not have brotherly relationship within our immidiate neighbours.
My dear Pakistani brothers and sisters there are hundred and thousand questions arises in our minds. We do have the answers of each question but unfortunately we don't have that capacity to implement those solutions. Because our dearest Pakistan had been hijacked within such a cruel people those who never allow the sincere people to even get closer. Let us pray deeply from core of our hearts for our country for its long, stable and prosperous life because our country is passing through a very critical and dagerous era.

Thank You.

Kind Regards

ANAYAT SHAH
Posted by Shahjee, Saturday, 19 July 2008 6:40:28 PM
I fully agree with thr writer.It is time to learn and memorize instead of doing experiments.
Here in Gulf also, we have same kind of feelings.None of the afghani, holding Pakistani passport will say" I am Pakistani"
Tariq M.Akhtar- Dubai(United Arab Emirates)
Posted by tma786, Sunday, 20 July 2008 4:22:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy