The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Bill Henson's art > Comments

Bill Henson's art : Comments

By Alison Croggon, published 29/5/2008

Open letter in support of Bill Henson from Creative Australia 2020 Summit representatives.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
hi all,
my last comment now

I have noticed that people have referred to
someone knowing nothing about art

this is actually not true from my experience

I have found that all the general public, understand my work exactly and more in context to the details of all my work, sometimes more
so than my artist friends

after all, we are all living in the same world
at the same time

Mr Henson's shopping trolley, something I visited years ago in my own work....
might be worth a bigger higher quality perusal

anyway back to the subject

ps a toilet is a toilet, urine is urine, and faeces is faeces

whatever way you want to bottle it

grin

JHH
Posted by JHH, Sunday, 1 June 2008 1:55:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have a Bach of Fine Arts...

This guy has always made my stomach turn, he's a creep pure n simple. The kiddie pics are and always have been a crime.

As bad though is the ignorent support of child abuse in the name of political correctness.

Sometimes you just have to stick the *grey areas of a debate* where the sun doesn't shine, some stuff is just plain wrong.
Posted by meredith, Monday, 2 June 2008 10:25:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
meredith>"I have a Bach of Fine Arts..."

So? Is that supposed to be a feeble appeal to authority?

meredith>"This guy has always made my stomach turn, he's a creep pure n simple."

That's an ad hominem. It's also the classic feminist "evil man" card that sexists often employ to gain the support of idiots. You turn my stomach meredith because of your disgusting assault on a someone's character based on your private feelings and hang-ups.

meredith>"As bad though is the ignorent support of child abuse in the name of political correctness."

Describe how this is child abuse? How is it politically correct? How is it "ignorent"? You should answer this because after the examples of your opinions in the beginning of your comment, it's easy to dismiss you as stupid.

For an example of someone who is not ignorant read say, Keiran's recent post in the other thread here (specifically the part where he shows his knowledge of art). Comparing his comment to yours, it's like opposite ends of the intelligence spectrum in those terms.

Seems that your knowledge of art history despite your claim to be studying it, is non-existent.
Posted by Steel, Monday, 2 June 2008 3:12:08 PM
lol, bit shrill there Steelie, chill out hey, not everyone with a BFA is a moonbat obsessed with reciting tracts from the standard textbook of logical fallacies.

Seriously dude, I can't be bothered to start shrieking back at you.

It's pretty obvious that old men photographing naked kiddies is real off.
Posted by meredith, Monday, 2 June 2008 4:13:37 PM
meredith>"not everyone with a BFA is a moonbat"

It seems that term is used in US politics. Are you American? Did you know you are posting on an Australian website about Australian politics?

meredith>"obsessed with reciting tracts from the standard textbook of logical fallacies."

I referred to two fallacies by name only. And I only did that because you argument depended on them so heavily. Do you know that that means? It means your only argument on this is pure rubbish and nonsense and is fit only for the ears of idiots.

My attention to obsessiveness extends only so far as your obsessive use of fallacy to pretend your argument is intellectual and meaningful.

meredith>"Seriously dude, I can't be bothered to start shrieking back at you.

Then don't spit and drool your moronism in these forums.

meredith>"It's pretty obvious that old men photographing naked kiddies is real off."

No it's not obvious in the least. What's obvious is your diseased, rotting crutch that you use to determine morality.
Posted by Steel, Monday, 2 June 2008 4:44:35 PM
“It's pretty obvious that old men photographing naked kiddies is real off.”

Meredith, is it alright for old women to photograph naked children, in the name of art?

http://www.google.com/search?q=sally+mann
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 2 June 2008 7:55:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy