The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A new spirit of optimism > Comments

A new spirit of optimism : Comments

By Ken Boundy, published 23/4/2008

The 2020 Summit has lifted a cloud, providing 'permission' for Australians to reassess their own lives and where we are heading as a nation.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Enthusiasm unbounded I just hope the spin which is our current unreal woreld matches the hope.
Posted by untutored mind, Wednesday, 23 April 2008 12:12:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I thought the summit was a great idea. Putting a number on a ballot paper every few years is not the same thing as participatory democracy. My town is now holding it's own summit at the local level - local government, industry and local business, local uni graduates, community groups etc. This is being repeated across the country. 2020 was the seed of this. With the process being repeated at all levels across the country, I'll be amazed if nothing at all comes to fruition from it.

We've just been used to the poisoned dwarf and his cronies stifling public debate for the past 12 years, that's all.
Posted by Fozz, Wednesday, 23 April 2008 7:18:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Any article which starts “The cloud has lifted, providing “permission” for Australians to reassess their own lives,”

reflects someone who is likely to suffer RSI of the wrist.

Who the F * * k believes I need “permission” to reassess my life? I do that as a matter ongoing.

I will plod on through this drivel, always finish what ones starts.

. . .

Yep, finished.

Conclusion, the author is a fully paid up, card carrying tosser
Posted by Col Rouge, Thursday, 24 April 2008 11:49:59 AM
Col thats one of the funniest posts I've read. I needed that after reading the article.

The article is a classic of Rudd and his followers who seem capable of spewing forth pompous, self-congratulatory feelgood statements about any appointed topic. Oddly, doing anything constructive seems beyond them all.

Optimism? I was optimistic about plastic bags but I guess thats just too hard.
Posted by Atman, Thursday, 24 April 2008 9:29:06 PM
Ken Boundy wants a BAC to "define and clarify brand behaviour (sporting teams included)..'

Ken, drinking self senseless in foreign stripjoints now has the official seal of approval from our Great Leader, The Bonzaied Bureaucrat.

gabba gabba hey. one of us, one of us.
Posted by palimpsest, Friday, 25 April 2008 7:58:59 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy