The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The phantom MP > Comments

The phantom MP : Comments

By John Spender, published 26/3/2008

The ministerial casualties from the last elections are giving the impression that the Coalition is divided, dispirited, and not serious about its work.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Do you mean in the same way that your post is not whingeing or providing other alternatives DEMOS?

I don't think it is ignorance or laziness it is more a feeling of powerlessness. Unless we take up arms (which is sedition) the only thing we can do is vote with our feet or start a lobby group to push for more participatory democracy.

I often wonder what would happen if a large majority of Australians refused to vote at the next election as a protest whether that would have an effect or would it create disaster. Not sure on that one.
Posted by pelican, Wednesday, 26 March 2008 6:19:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What gave all you people out there the idea that we have democracy? We had a dictatorship under Howard and look like continuing one under Rudd. I won't go back any further. The Yanks have one under Bush.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Friday, 28 March 2008 7:53:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If these Coalition members are not happy with their revised (Opposition) pay and conditions, they should follow the same advice they gave to those whose pay and conditions were cut by the Coalition's WorkChoices. That is, "Not happy? Stop whingeing and go get another job. And stop bludging off the taxpayer!"
Posted by ex_liberal_voter, Tuesday, 1 April 2008 4:46:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy