The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > 'Four Corners' blames non-Muslims for extremism > Comments

'Four Corners' blames non-Muslims for extremism : Comments

By Leon Bertrand, published 14/3/2008

To deny or ignore the anti-social behaviours which have caused hostility towards Muslims will not help anyone.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. 26
  10. All
This type of nonsense is to be expected from 4 Corners. They make a speciality of siding with and championing the world’s freaks, including murderous terrorists and other threats to the Western society that protects their freedom of speech and broadcasting.

The Neighbour transcript exhibits the hypocrisy of the media and Lebanese-Australians with a ‘boy’ being told how terrible it is to be called Lebanese when he has never been to Lebanon.

What rubbish! Most of the time the media and non-Anglo Australians insist on identifying themselves with any nationality except Australian; many of these people don’t even think of themselves as Australian.

It is not only Muslims who blame others for their own hatreds and abhorrent attitudes and behaviours. For instance, left-wingers are never wrong, it’s always the right; spoilt, undisciplined young people cry that “it wasn’t my fault”; parents with bad kids always blame the “company they fell in with”.

These people all have something in common with Muslims, though: they are all ignorant misfits who cannot take responsibility for themselves and need to blame everybody else.

People who encourage Muslims in their ‘victimhood’, as they encourage vicious little punks knocking grannies over, are increasing their own chances of one day being proper victims of Muslims and little punks.
Posted by Mr. Right, Friday, 14 March 2008 10:06:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The auther is of course spot on. I also saw the 4 Corners article I thought that it was a pathetic piece of journalism. But then it was the ABC.

The Muslims were playing their victimhood game to the hilt.

In the meantime the score for violents acts by muslims against others since 9/11,somewhere in the world, is now over 11,000.
Posted by bigmal, Friday, 14 March 2008 10:09:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"At the start of the show, Neighbour makes her prejudices clear..."

In contrast, Leon Bertrand shows commendable restraint in holding off until the fifth paragraph of this article before parading his own ego (Neighbour's report was nowhere near as insightful as what Leon has written on his blog) and making his own prejudices about muslims clear.
Posted by Paul Bamford, Friday, 14 March 2008 11:25:03 AM
Extremism in any form is scary and dangerous. God fearing Christians blowing up clinics that do abortions is just as wrong as those claiming to be Muslim killing or hurting others. The problem we have to face up to in our society is how we deal with the aftermath of those events. We need as a society to identify that the fault lies with the perpertrators of these crimes. We shouldn't lay blame on others, just because they are from the same nation, religion or ethnic type.
I lived and worked in China from 1998-2000. During the war in Kosovo in 99, the Americans bombed the Chinese Embassy in Belgrade killing 3 Chinese citizens. People in China were (rightly) angry over this. Considering the US argument that they were using an old road map bought from a service staion to co-ordinate their bombing, I'd be upset as well.
During this time I took a train trip from inside Sha'anxi to Chengdu in Sichuan. I had made this trip plenty of times before. My ticket was reserved and I was to pay for it when I got on. I was probably the only white guy on this trip and one of the conductors felt he didn't want some "terrorist" on his train. The fact I was Australian meant nothing as "we were all the same".
I was saved from being thrown (literally) off the train by a 75 year old woman who gave this kid a real dressing down. After I paid for my ticket, she apologised over and over for the conducter. Even though I understood why he felt the way he did, she insisted it was no excuse and asked that I don't think badly of Chinese people for his actions.
People do terrible things, but they are the ones responsible, not some poor bugger living somewhere else who is of the same faith or ethnicity. If we don't recognise this and start throwing them off the trains, how long before it comes back to bite us?
Posted by Cow Towner, Friday, 14 March 2008 12:13:36 PM
I would like a Muslim reader to answer two questions for me, which are critical to the acceptance of Muslims by other Australians:

- What percentage of school age Muslims attend State schools?

- What is the average number of children in Australian Muslim families?

Jack Sturgess
Posted by Jacks, Friday, 14 March 2008 1:26:56 PM
I would like to see a dinky di Australian lawyer take on the ABC and sue them for the slander of Australians.
These unfortunate young people are in a mental straight jacket tightly stretched by their own leaders.
In this land of freedom and opportunity, they spend their days punching, punching more in closed gyms. Do any of them work? Earn their living? If not ,why not?
They are crippled by their victimhood . Australia does not owe them anything, they owe it to themselves to prove that they can be good Aussies, then they will be at peace with themselves.They are making their own shackles.
Posted by mickijo, Friday, 14 March 2008 1:57:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. 26
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy