The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Building a library with craft and guile > Comments

Building a library with craft and guile : Comments

By Malcolm King, published 13/2/2008

The idea to defraud the other faculties' book budgets came from Janet, a senior librarian and fiction lover ...

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I don't know if this is a confession or a short story, but I enjoyed it.

A win well won!
Posted by ChrisPer, Wednesday, 13 February 2008 12:35:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I want to visit this library !!

Where is it?
Posted by Iluvatar, Thursday, 14 February 2008 4:44:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I beleive King worked at RMIT in Carlton.
Posted by Cheryl, Friday, 15 February 2008 11:48:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh, my. A potential good 'scam' publicly exposed. One hopes the heads of the various departments don't read OLO. You should have stayed underground, only alerting other like-minded social engineers. I think I like you a lot.
Posted by arcticdog, Monday, 18 February 2008 10:15:56 AM
Amazing who you find via Google.

King was a refugee from Keating’s government. God know what he was doing at RMIT. We were going to scrap the writing programs in 96. A financial black hole. King took over and turned them around so that five years later, they were posting $500K profits.

Not surprised he was siphoning funds for a library. Here’s another little story. King replaced a woman who was dying of multiple brain tumours. He kept her on full pay for three years instead of chucking her on to Workcover until she died. Cost $140,000. Our little secret. Not a complete prick.

An old finance director from Building 101.

Cheryl R
Posted by Cheryl, Monday, 3 March 2008 5:11:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy