The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia speaks - it's Obama v McCain > Comments

Australia speaks - it's Obama v McCain : Comments

By Graham Young, published 5/2/2008

Obama - cosmopolitan, and a fresh framework for conceptualising global issues: McCain - experience with respectability

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
It worries me that Obama could get a bullet before he gets to the WhiteHouse. There is still a lot of hate in the US towards the negros. Never knew why. Many dont want them in power or with increased rights. And there are guns all over the place. And many of the people are becoming more destabilised. Islam might have a go at him to start a war within America between the whites and the blacks. The secret service needs to take special care with this man.
Posted by Gibo, Wednesday, 6 February 2008 7:44:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
An American president who has had affiliation (more than he admits to)with Islam, what are Americians thinking. Regardless of his current status as a Christian the spirit of islam is cunning, determined,and committed to destruction. Lets open our eyes to truth!!
Posted by srimania, Wednesday, 6 February 2008 9:21:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'd like to add my voice to those of eja and kjg.

Graham, could you tell us the sample size and the response rate, please.

I participated in the survey, and this kind of rigour will make me more willing to keep doing so in future.
Posted by jpw2040, Wednesday, 6 February 2008 9:55:29 AM
The media release Graham sent to all those who particpated said 2000 voted across Australia.

I suspect there is an inbuilt bias in the survey, to wit only people who can afford computers and the internet are able to particpate. And they have joined Online Opinion to help quench their thirst for poltical knowledge and debate. Neither of these is neccesarily representative of voters in the US primaries.

Also, to generalise, Australian politics is more to the left than US politics. This may explain our vote for Obama since he is seen here and in the US as more left wing than the other cnadidates.

We are more to the left partly because we have a party based on the trade union bureaucracy, whereas neither the Demcorats or Republicans can be described in that way.

Indeed in my view a battle between Jack and Barack would be like a fight between the two wings of the Liberal party. Both will represent the interests of business. One is just more attuned to the need for capital to respect its workforce than the other. (The same goes if it is Hillary rather than Barack.)

And why is Ron Paul called eccentric? I think that is a nice word the media use to describe a fascist.
Posted by Passy, Wednesday, 6 February 2008 2:01:06 PM
There was a suggestion on Foxtel Sky that as either Hillary or Barak will win the Demo' nomination, whoever wins should ask the other to be Vice Pres' if either wins the White House?

Suits me down to the ground, but what about you others on this Thread?

Cheers - BB, WA.
Posted by bushbred, Thursday, 7 February 2008 10:27:44 AM
Reply to Passy, Wednesday, 6 February 2008

"And why is Ron Paul called eccentric? I think that is a nice word the media use to describe a fascist."

Passy, do you even know what a fascist is? Ron Paul is a libertarian, which is the exact opposite of a fascist. He believes in a strict adherence to the constitution, smaller government and in personal freedoms/liberties.

Ron Paul has been a well respected congressman for many years. You should do some research before you make statements like that.
Posted by ags, Thursday, 7 February 2008 2:05:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy