The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia speaks - it's Obama v McCain > Comments

Australia speaks - it's Obama v McCain : Comments

By Graham Young, published 5/2/2008

Obama - cosmopolitan, and a fresh framework for conceptualising global issues: McCain - experience with respectability

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Well they voted for the idiot who went missing from his village somewhere in Texas last time. Why not Billary or Osama? ..sorry I meant Obama.

And where the hell is Monica?
Posted by Rainier, Tuesday, 5 February 2008 9:30:25 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If I was American, Obama would have my vote.

Now Rainier, with respect to Gibo's ideas about the secret service, I reckon you might have 'blown' your cover with that last comment ;)
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 5 February 2008 10:01:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
out of curiosity... how many people participated in this "primary"?
Posted by kjg, Wednesday, 6 February 2008 2:12:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You are right, Yabby, the US cannot catch Osama or Zawahiri, but they could have, many times, if they had really wanted to. The truth is that al Qaeda is far too valuable an asset to the global military-industrial complex to really be eliminated. How else than having an everlasting "War on Terror" could oil prices be kept so artificially high? How else could the US justify supporting oppressive dictatorships like Pakistan, Tadjikistan, Saudi Arabia, etc. except as supporters of their WOT?

I too hope Obama wins the Democrat nomination, and with Al Gore as his running mate, he should easily win the election. But I fear that he may not survive winning the California primary. Bobby Kennedy won that and look what happened to him. Obama is a KKK figure: Kennedy, King, Kennedy, all in one easy target.
Posted by Sympneology, Wednesday, 6 February 2008 2:42:40 AM
Just what, exactly, is "eccentric" about Ron Paul? As far as I'm concerned he is the candidate that makes the most sense.
There is a huge media blackout on this candidate here in Australia. If Australians were more informed, they would realize that Ron Paul has the most logical answers for the U.S. He has recently come 2nd in the Maine caucus and he won the primaries Nevada and Louisiana. His stance on the Iraq war (the only Republican against it) is especially relevant to Australian sentiments. He is a congressman and a Doctor, and is very conservative. He is in no way "eccentric"
Posted by ags, Wednesday, 6 February 2008 3:09:35 AM
Please excuse 2 errors on the previous post regarding Ron Paul:
He came in 2nd in Nevada and Louisiana (not 1st as mentioned)
Posted by ags, Wednesday, 6 February 2008 3:21:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy