The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Manhole or a personhole? A study of political correctness > Comments

Manhole or a personhole? A study of political correctness : Comments

By Rebecca Huntley, published 30/8/2005

Rebecca Huntley argues it is the Left rather than the Right that want to frustrate free speech with the new political correctness.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
cont...
RB: OK then, you want my opinion: I know wrestling is fake, but so are movies and almost everything you see on television, and that doesn't stop you from watching them. I believe a self-righteous liberal or conservative with a cause is more dangerous than a Coffin Cheater with an attitude. I think Bill Gates and Kerry packer have every right to keep every cent they made and continue to make more. It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid and smack their bum when necessary and say NO.I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. Moreover, please stay home until that new lip ring heals, I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me my hamburger… sorry, an Aussie burger, with egg and beetroot and BBQ sauce! I am sick of Political Correctness and of all the suck ups that go along with it. I am a politician for the people. I am a politician void of political correctness, and that my dear: possessing that tenet, as my dogma is the very reason why I will win! I am very proud to be from Australia, I wouldn’t want to be from anywhere other stinking country. These ramblings have been my opinion; if you don't like my point of view, don’t vote for me!
Interviewer: Thankyou Mr Buxom, I will not be voting for you

Political Correctness (affirmative action) along with many facets, not all, but many, of multiculturalism are ripping at the very fabric of our nation. PC should be seen for what it is: Pretentious Courtesy. Don’t be afraid to call a women a sheila or a mate, don’t be afraid to state anything that is blindingly obvious: Islamists and all the other religious zealots are the scourge of the Earth, it’s about time we purge them from the Earth.

Have a nice day!
Posted by puzzlesthewill, Wednesday, 7 September 2005 11:54:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My understanding of politcal correctness is that it is about keeping irrelevant considerations out of politcal debate. For instance: colour, sexuality, class, disability, life-situation, etc. have little to do with the gist say a person who is arguing to save the the largest pumpkin on earth from being blown up so that it doesn't turn into a carriage and take the cheap labour away to pretentiously mix with the weathly aristocrats who would be just as cruel as her older step sisters if they knew that she was a dependant on dependent beauty rather than her natural prettinees that the chimney sweep loved so dearly about her, but, alas, because he wasn't allowed to the rich side of town because, even though he was the best match for her, he was male cheap labour and male cheap labour is not as romantic as female cheapness. So the male cheap labour got together to blow up the carriage, even though it was the world's largest pumpkin (and could turn into a carriage). During that discussion about the best way to blow up the world's largest pumpkin, someone noted that the chimney sweep was an immigrant and so they changed their minds and wrote to OOL for a grumble.
One day as cheap labour was wandering the streets she the chimney sweep alone amongst strangers. Love blossomed and problem how to get rid of Prince Gayone. Soon the town folk learned he was gay and he had to run far, far away to Sydney.
And that boys and girls is how political correctness could have saved the world from irrelevant incorrectness that has nothing to do with ethical outcomes and stopped the destruction of very fairy tale.

What!
Posted by rancitas, Thursday, 8 September 2005 3:06:08 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy