The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Apparently 'democracy is poison to Arabs' > Comments

Apparently 'democracy is poison to Arabs' : Comments

By Antony Loewenstein, published 29/1/2008

George W Bush’s arrival in Israel and Palestine was greeted with soaring rhetoric.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Oh dear! So the supposedly generous offers made a Camp David weren't so generous after all?

Well, I suppose all those excessively pro-Israel hawks will now admit they were wrong on this matter and publish acknowledgments of their mistake and admit that Arafat's "stonewalling" at Camp David was actually quite reasonable under the offer provided, right?
Posted by Lev, Tuesday, 29 January 2008 1:53:36 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Change comes hard. If you're brought up in a village then thats what you know. Its been your whole world. Its all you have ever lived. You know its ways and its extents. Its you support system. What intrudes can be an enemy. Change comes hard.
Thats why christians pray for the nations to open up to Jesus Christ. Only God can open those locked doors.
Posted by Gibo, Tuesday, 29 January 2008 5:20:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's fashionable in our age to support the underdog even if the latter leaves behind all his dirty marks, and in the case of Hamas all its deadly actions. And the media by supporting the underdog props up its own ratings.

Loewenstein in turn can support the Palestinian Intifada by thinking that this will increase his "humanitarian" stocks. But history already has laid its tombstone over his political, moral, and intellectual bankruptcy.

http://kotzabasis3.wordpress.co
Posted by Themistocles, Tuesday, 29 January 2008 5:26:47 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm sorry for mis-writing the link that I gave in my post

http://kotzabasis3.wordpress.com
Posted by Themistocles, Tuesday, 29 January 2008 5:32:49 PM
To me only a one state solution can solve the issue. I recognise that a democratic and secular Palestine in which all who want to can live there is seemingly a pipe dream alternative. This is so at the moment, given the commitment of Zionists and support of the US ruling elite to the racist state of Israel.

The road to Jerusalem lies through Cairo. That means for me that only an Arab working class uprising against the dictators who rule them offers any long term hope for the region, and in such revolutionary times the spark in Arab countries could catch fire in Israel itself so we would see Arab and Jewish workers united against the common enemy - capitalism.
Posted by Passy, Tuesday, 29 January 2008 5:47:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ho hum, not much new here, how long has this been going on between religions? I suggest don't beat ones self up about it, and find a better topic, like Australia's underpriveleged; it's more important than a war that's been going on for thousands of years.
Posted by galah, Tuesday, 29 January 2008 6:39:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy