The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Keeping house > Comments

Keeping house : Comments

By David Smith, published 2/1/2008

The processes and procedures of choosing and changing a government: we really are a fortunate country.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
All very true - but why is it so?

[1] We were colonised by the most advanced country in the world and inherited her systems.
[2] We took immigrants in slowly which enabled a law-abiding society with a sophisticated infrastructure to evolve.

It is essential that we appreciate these facts.
Posted by healthwatcher, Wednesday, 2 January 2008 9:24:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"its inherent checks and balances". "We really are a fortunate country."
The checks and balances being, the financial elite dumped Howard as he exceeded his use-by date. The criminal attacks to undermine the social services (and keep the tax dollars) require lies and have to be sold to people. The old well worn lie of "saving money" is wearing thin, people are concerned and see through it.
There was no confidence in the upper ruling stratum that Howard could carry out even bigger attacks without the situation getting out of control. Which would see workers realising that they have to unite their struggles internationally and fight for a Workers government.

Whereas Rudd has a solid record of attacking workers and social services in Queensland earning the nickname of Dr. Death. He is precisely the creature required to privatise the Electricity resource and boost the unpaid labor time of workers through longer hours, days and working year for LESS wages. He has given assurances to the financial elite that he will continue to drive the majority into grinding poverty. Rudd gave Bush assurances that he would support with military means any new illegal invasions such as the preperations under way for the upcoming war in Iran.
Posted by johncee1945, Wednesday, 2 January 2008 6:36:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David, you definitely slipped up with this article. Surely you should know by now that we have been educated by the media that only bad news is news. Chaos, disaster, death, suffering, and similar bad events are the only ones to be discussed. If you are hosting a series on history, like David Starkey, you must wear at least two black armbands, and anyone's history you discuss, particularly if they were a monarch, must concentrate solely on their failures, inconsistencies, and moral turpitude.

Again, you have failed in this article to even mention guilt. We are all guilty. It is all out fault. This doctrine was originally invented by the American legal profession, who united in the view that if the case included a foreign company, particularly an insurance company, they were always at fault. It has now become universal.

I would request you, David, to rework this article, and point out that our uneventful elections not only deprived the media of useful footage of bombs, murder, etc., but were due to our exploitation of the lower slobbovians, or someone else. You should also point out how we should aim to emulate magnificent elecion processes such as that in Pakistan, which provide far better media material.
Posted by plerdsus, Thursday, 3 January 2008 6:01:17 AM
Plerdsus,
You are quite right. I also offered the article to two major daily newspapers but they were not interested. Thank goodness for On Line Opinion.
DIS
Posted by DIS, Thursday, 3 January 2008 11:46:52 AM
David,

Thank you for your agreement with my post. I think that you and I are on the same wavelength. I would love to be able to correspond with you privately on certain aspects of the dismissal, as you may be able to shed some light on matters that are fast fading from public knowledge. If you are interested, please contact me ar plerdsus@hotmail.com
Posted by plerdsus, Sunday, 6 January 2008 7:52:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy