The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Helping Indonesia to help itself > Comments

Helping Indonesia to help itself : Comments

By Duncan Graham, published 5/12/2007

Foreign aid is damaging the development of democracy in Indonesia.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
As the Climate Change Conference is being held in Bali, all the world major development issues are flagged in contrast as they are being up-dated and flushed. This is hard for everyone and especially until the knowledge breaks through with some greater understanding in context of all its inter-connectiveness.

I write here Duncan Graham mainly because I see you got no comments to this article during the week. I believe you write about important issues here on Indonesia and I have read some of your homepage.

http://www.indonesianow.blogspot.com/

For myself this week I was concerned about the 16 fishing boats-people that arrived off our Australian shores.

I am concerned about the way our national boarders lock out subsistent fishing peoples as they are trying to feed many village peoples.

I believe more needs to be done as this problem yells of no-balance and needs a solution that fits into a more progressive sustainable framework.

I want APEC and ASEAN as well as Australia's other relationships to consider more deeply food-sourcing, and the ways we can work closer toward a futures shared plan through direct and indirect policy - partner development with underdeveloped regional economies.

I don't think we quite have it right at present and I believe DOHA is being overloaded (as a LDC focus dumping ground) until we learn to share this kind of burden by adding some effective resource distribution and partner equity.

The boats peoples claim we are divesting them of economic livelihood.

I say they have a real point.

I would like to see an improved strategy through sustainable development that works to over-come the issue, from here in Australia.

http//:miacat.com

Posted by miacat, Sunday, 9 December 2007 12:02:05 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy