The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Thinking of going to uni or TAFE? Ask the hard questions now > Comments

Thinking of going to uni or TAFE? Ask the hard questions now : Comments

By Malcolm King, published 2/11/2007

The answers to these questions will help students make the choice that is right for them - and maybe save them a lot of money and hassle.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Thanks for your reply, Cheryl. I'm aware of the 'special nature' of teaching and nursing programs, though the intervention was only put into place in 2005. The average 35 year-old mentioned in this forum was likely to have acquired his degree - and his $35,000 HECS debt - long before then, just as I acquired my teaching HECS debt before then. Of course, both my degrees were Band 1 programs so my debt shouldn't be too high in the first place, but I got both of them for much less than $35,000. The 35 year-old should have had a fair bit longer than me to pay his debt off, too.

Now I'm not accusing anybody of exaggerating their debts here. How would I know if somebody owed $35,000 or not? I just find it interesting that debts seem to be so high with so little return, when mine is relatively low with a very happy outcome. There are many people in my boat, just as I am sure there are many who haven't been so lucky.
Posted by Otokonoko, Wednesday, 28 November 2007 10:59:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy