The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A radical political centre for whites? > Comments

A radical political centre for whites? : Comments

By Vern Hughes, published 13/9/2007

Noel Pearson has taught us, from the tragedy of Indigenous dysfunction, that throwing money at services changes nothing.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I feel that you have the bull by the tail, what we have is rampant radical capitalism, resulting in the appalling morals and values of corporates and business first governments.
I would never quote Noel Pearson, i see him as an ambitious "white" person. It is my opinion he is not worthy to be a mouthpiece for indigenous peoples.
I have lived and have had different life experiences to yourself, i go back to times when morals and values were not mickey mouse stuff, people did not exploit others as is the done thing in todays self centred and greedy attitude to life. What is right and what is wrong is never talked about today, it is all about, left, right, centre, anti this and anti that.
Most people of your generation, believe they know something about everything, "they" saw it in the paper or on the telly. "They" have never suffered, so therefore they are ignorant about the suffering of others. "They" have been indulged too much, and have never been encouraged to think for themselves, and "they" are easily manipulated and influenced by political and corporate messages, directed at them repeatedly, to achieve success for their masters.
Indigenous peoples have received injustice from the whites, since they first landed here, it is still ongoing, if whites are entitled to their basic right to adequate health and education, then black brindle or any other coloured peoples are also entitled to the same rights and services. They were the first Australians.
You mention Bush, he is the major war criminal and terrorist in todays world, and some ignorant people believe that he is right not wrong in his evil actions.
I have a radical plan too, failed States, such as Australia and the USA, need to be governed by a benevolent dictator to right the wrongs done, by self interested, ambitious, enemies and traitors of the people they lead.
Posted by Sarah101, Thursday, 13 September 2007 11:15:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thankyou Sarah101. Most on the extreme left are too shy to say they want to abolish democracy and install a dictatorship because they can't accept the will of the majority. Many think it, mind you, but they don't dare say it.

You fulfil a valuable role in exposing the green left's inherent nuttiness.

Long may you blather.
Posted by grn, Thursday, 13 September 2007 12:57:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey grn, think we are being trolled by Sarah. Can't really believe anyone believes such nonsense.

I think the point of the article is that we need better leadership, capable of thinking 'outside the box'. I have to say I will be voting Labour this time. Prior to Rudd this was mainly because of Iraq, but now I actually think I want to vote for the man. In particular I like the way he is happy to endorse government policy if he agrees with it; none of this opposition for the sake of oppostion.

gw
Posted by gw, Thursday, 13 September 2007 1:09:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The 3rd way is just well meaning small "l" liberal gibberish. It is to political thought what human resource management is to sociology - tacked on , poorly thought out and with no useful purpose that can be discerned.

It seems to me that the key failure in indigenous policy is that the people have been given rights but lack a requirement for responsible behaviour in return and some of the rights are unsustainable, eg, how do you provide genuine employment in 60+ remote communities or is there just an expectation that the welfare tap will continue to drip its fetid offerings ?
Posted by westernred, Thursday, 13 September 2007 3:57:06 PM
It is amazing how quickly we forget. Many of my friends who were Liberal voters and now changed to Labor have argued that the Liberal Party has lost its way. Its origins (and what I remember as a child in a Liberal voting family) were to protect the interests of small business, encourage competition, stimluate free enterprise and entreprenuerism. The Liberal Party of today has swung so far away from those early ideals into the sphere of big business, free trade and globalisation with a skewed perception of 'economic growth' to our detriment.

I should add that the world wide trend to the 'right' of politics is reflected not only in the Liberals but in Labor as well.

What we now refer to as the Third Way is nothing new. Remember the old days when we owned our utilities, championed free education and when the hospital system worked. Now if you mentioned public ownership you are labelled a left wing radical. It is laughable. The Third Way makes sense.

The excesses and exploitation that capitalism fosters needs to be reigned in and tempered by some regulatory controls, some form of participatory democracy, open and transparent governing which involves community consultation and scrutiny. Most importantly ensuring that community and social justice isses are not placed as the lowest priority and that capitalism does not exhaust our resources to the point of extinction ie.environmental sustainability.

The Third Way is not radical it is common sense.
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 13 September 2007 7:27:01 PM
grn, It is my personal opinion that the use of left and right, acts as a wedge that blunts truthful conversation.
My heroes are Mandela, Ghandi, Mary Robertson and Martin Luther King Jnr. These people believed in rocking the boat to shake people out of their comfort zone to improve the lot of other less fortunate people.
Do you care about those less fortunate than yourself?, or are you an indulged mummy's boy?.
Posted by Sarah101, Thursday, 13 September 2007 7:43:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy