The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cave men walk the earth > Comments

Cave men walk the earth : Comments

By Todd Harper, published 15/8/2007

Male violence against women between the ages of 15 and 44 causes more health problems than smoking and obesity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All
Robert,
Most of what people think about cave men comes from Hollywood or comes from cartoons, but there would be 2 important misconceptions about the so called cave men.

One is that they lived in caves, but they rarely did. There are not that many caves in most areas, and most caves are not greatly habitable, or they are not suitably located near water supplies or food supplies.

In reality, cave men actually lived in man made villages (and not caves), and they would have been quite social and well organised.

And if cave men treated women badly, then there wouldn’t be women around now, because women would have died out many years ago due to injury, ulcers etc.

I don’t think present day men treat women badly either. A very small percentage might, but the vast majority do not.

Instead I now think it is the other way around, and the male gender is now being treated badly due to the consistent negative portrayal of men that often comes from feminists, and often comes about by the misrepresentation of men in such warped and disgraceful reports as the report from VIChealth.

The report from VIChealth is an insult to men, but if someone reads the finer details of the report, then the report is also an insult to the intelligence of women.
Posted by HRS, Sunday, 19 August 2007 5:16:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm afraid HRS your point will be lost on feminist for they don't allow for caring, loving fathers who raise their girls to grow into independent and responsible human beings. That would be anathema to their political course which is to belittle men, making women "seem" superior. The face behind the mask of feminism is a plastic representation of media hyped perfection. Motherhood puts stretch marks on all the places that represent womens sense of beauty. Therefore motherhood is bad. It's more noble being anorexic or bulimic than a mother. Talk about a twisted sense of identity. I listened to two women talking today about how disfigured they were. One had a hammer toe and the other was a 36 A. The one talking loudly about her breast size was positive every one could discern that one breast was larger than the other. I wanted to tell her no one would ever see past the stupid but, it's not my place. I could see they were victims straight off.
Posted by aqvarivs, Sunday, 19 August 2007 8:21:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry guys, everybody gets hurt at one time or another but isn't it great that we all are individuals and most of us care for the feelings of others.
I hate people who make up for their own inadequecies by picking on the weaknesses of others.
Posted by Goddess, Monday, 20 August 2007 1:00:57 AM
Well, obviously boys need to be studied and re-educted to make them less bad, as inevitably they will become if left to developed untethered masculinity.

Failing that, just remove the factories of their testosterone poisining, put them in pink shirts, tell them to shut up, be still and do as they are told. Like good, well adjusted and appropriately trained and domesticated house pets.

Beyond that, introduce gender apartaid and banish the men, er l mean un-developed, defective females, who got washed in too much testosterone, in uturo. Blah, just abort male feotuses.

Boys grow into men, throw stones at them... before they turn into spouse bashers. As they all have the potential to be.
Posted by trade215, Monday, 20 August 2007 6:53:19 PM
"We all have obligations to prevent violence against our mothers, daughters, sisters and our partners. Covering up or condoning such behaviour is not an option for any of us."

You forget about the single biggest contributing factor - the glorification of violence in the media - especially Hollywood and TV.
Right wing governments always pump up the volume - to justify their harsh, punitive regimes and deflect attention from the real criminals in industry and government. Any analysis of the media during rightwing administrations will demonstrate this clearly.
Posted by K£vin, Monday, 20 August 2007 7:29:47 PM
I think this is the 66th post on this topic. I just wanted to add my point of view that Australians seem to lurv violence. Its leaders set a violent example to the people by incarcerating small children and women in razor wire camps, and send troops to participate in as many wars they can. Its police are armed with guns everywhere they go and frequently shoot to kill civillians. The white population has committed genocide on the aboriginal civillians and even today the government will not even say sorry for this let alone make real amends.

Australians are an alcoholic society caring more for gladatorial sports than the sciences and arts. In terms of cultural values Australia seems to lag far behind Europe, and its leaders seem to be an ignorant abusive lot competing for the best liar championships.

That domestic violence is so prevalent in such a country comes as no surprise for without compassionate leadership how can the people know what is best. Government role models are cruel, cold hearted and abusive. they appear to believe this is masculine. It surprises me there are any decent happy people at all left out there in the population.
Posted by Barfenzie, Monday, 20 August 2007 10:51:33 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All