The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > High blood pressure? Read on ... > Comments

High blood pressure? Read on ... : Comments

By Jonathan J. Ariel, published 8/8/2007

Book review: 'The blood pressure cure: 8 weeks to lower blood pressure without prescription drugs'.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Is this an endorsement for a product or service? I'm open to all ideas which propose a healthy, balanced diet but I'm slightly worried that you've managed to drop your BP by diet alone and have decided to eschew medication.

Cocoa? Are you having me on?

Has this diet/regime been written up in a reputable medical journal and if so, which one?

I'm not a GP but I'm wary of people taking their own BP as no matter what brand of instrument you use, there will always be error and plus one has to self diagnose which is always risky.

May I suggest you get a second opinion with the diet and have your BP tested every 6 months by a GP. Hypertension is an insidious and potentially life threatening disease. Don't put your life in the hands of quacks.
Posted by Cheryl, Wednesday, 8 August 2007 7:32:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the feedback.

No, this is not an endorsement for any product or service. And no, I am not so naive as to put myself on the diet without regular BP checks by my GP.I am doing both.

I plan to be on the diet for 2 months and have my BP checked 3 times by the GP in those two months. I do not yet have a home BP monitor.

If by two months the BP falls to a 'good' level, THEN I will stop the meds and buy my own BP monitor and check the BP regularly. That said, I will still keep visiting my GP.

You ask for journal validation for the diet and supplements. I can refer you to Kowalski's web site on this issue

http://www.thehealthyheart.net/heart_healthy_news.html
Posted by Jonathan J. Ariel, Thursday, 9 August 2007 7:51:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the feedback.

No, this is not an endorsement for any product or service. And no, I am not so naive as to put myself on the diet without regular BP checks by my GP. I am doing both.

I plan to be on the diet for 2 months and have my BP checked 3 times by the GP in those two months. I do not yet have a home BP monitor.

If by two months the BP falls to a 'good' level, THEN I will stop the meds (for longer than the 2 months I initially planned) and will buy my own BP monitor and check the BP regularly. That said, I will still keep visiting my GP.

You ask for journal validation for the diet and supplements. I can refer you to Kowalski's web site on this issue

http://www.thehealthyheart.net/heart_healthy_news.html
Posted by Jonathan J. Ariel, Thursday, 9 August 2007 7:53:36 AM
As a 79+ year old with high bp and a stroke following bypass surgery 10 years ago, I found your article most enlightening. I plan to buy the book, but this article gave me much to work on in the interim. Thank you much.
Rowland Gale
www.hemiplegiarecovery.com
Posted by Rowlandg, Tuesday, 21 August 2007 5:58:48 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Rowland

Your site is VERY interesting indeed!

I am pleased you found my article relevant. And I hope the '8 week cure' works!

So far I am 3 weeks into it and my BP is 130/90, which is nothing to write home about. If it falls to 120/70 by the end of 8 weeks (I'll give it 10 weeks) THEN I will claim that it worked. So far it hasn't.
Posted by Jonathan J. Ariel, Tuesday, 21 August 2007 8:23:19 PM
Hello Johnathan,

I'm curious about your progress. I'm 42 and in about the same shape as you. How is you BP at this point?

Domingo
Posted by bugsye, Wednesday, 26 September 2007 8:13:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy