The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Global warming zealots are stifling scientific debate > Comments

Global warming zealots are stifling scientific debate : Comments

By Ian Plimer, published 26/7/2007

Science is apolitical, and when it has submitted to political pressure in the past, it has been at great human cost.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. All
A person with a delusion is absolutely convinced that the delusion is real.

Examples .....

Dr. John C. Mather is a Senior Astrophysicist in the Observational Cosmology Laboratory at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. He was awarded the 2006 Nobel Prize in Physics, shared with George F. ("fingers of god") Smoot. Mather writes big bang fiction like .........
"The cosmic microwave background (CMB) spectrum is that of a nearly perfect blackbody with a temperature of 2.725 +/- 0.001K. This observation matches the predictions of the hot Big Bang theory extraordinarily well, and indicates that nearly all of the radiant energy of the Universe was released within the first year after the Big Bang."

Dr James E Hansen is director of NASA's Goddard Institute of Space Studies. His most recent “destruction of Creation” epistle is as Steve McIntyre observes ...... "It’s as though Hansen, who grew up in the 1930s and 1940s, has a Jor-El complex: Jor-El being familiar to young boys of a certain age as Superman’s father who (per Wikipedia):
“was a highly respected scientist on the planet Krypton before its destruction. He foresaw the planet’s fate, but was unable to convince his colleagues in time to save their race. Jor-El was, however, able to save his infant son, Kal-El, sending him in a homemade rocketship to the planet Earth just moments before Krypton’s demise."
Posted by Keiran, Tuesday, 21 August 2007 10:14:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OK Alzo, so you are no longer even answering my questions, just trolling. I'm still waiting for a REAL climatologist that debunks Global Warming. Laugh all you want. Tell everyone lies about Hansen's theory unravellings when actually your case for the "mysterious sunlight stopper" that comes and goes only when you need it to explain all the solar discrepancies, and then vanishes again when you need solar activities and temperatures to be consistent to argue your point. Interesting argument! ;-)

Kieran, I suggest you spend 30 seconds on wikipedia learning the difference between a Climatologist and any other profession you wish to quote... then maybe plug in to your electric sun?
Posted by Eclipse Now, Tuesday, 21 August 2007 10:53:03 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
More funny stuff ......
Davsab who knows all about AlGoreIthms and Unrealclimate but nothing about causality, says "Keiran, you just don't have a clue about research ..." .
Posted by Keiran, Wednesday, 22 August 2007 8:44:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gee, wow, amazing, another substantive, on-topic post from the "Electric Sun - interconnected cosmos" dude. I'm here for Alzo's last post Kieran. Don't delude yourself that anyone takes your posts seriously.

Alzo, how's that "debate" in the climatology community going mate?
Posted by Eclipse Now, Wednesday, 22 August 2007 9:06:37 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I'm still waiting for a REAL climatologist that debunks Global Warming"
Well you could try ol' Roger Pielke over at http://climatesci.colorado.edu/ or John Christy, Roy Spencer?...Lindzen may not have studied a Bachelor of "Climate Science" but he is more qualified than your Gavin Scmidts..or James Hansens for that matter.

"Laugh all you want."
Thanks, I did. You would have to if you had read the bile he frothed out in that musing.

"Tell everyone lies about Hansen's theory unravellings"
1998 is no longer the hottest year and more warm years in the top ten are now from the 1930s than from the past 10 years in the US, it did seem to be a major unravelling. Global warming is now only for select countries (see http://www.climateaudit.org/?p=1943) and also appears to be absent from the Southern Hemisphere. The latest temperature anomaly from the satellites for the southern hemisphere is just 0.05C. In other words, the SH is now no hotter than it was in 1978 (damn you Southern Ocean!). I just love the way AGW turns itself on and off all the time. Stand by though, they are predicting AGW to come back ON with a VENGEANCE in 2009 and for "global" temperatures to really fire up. Not too long to wait and see how that pans out. I wonder if they will claim the 0.2C (Tung) temperature rise expected from the ascendancy of solar cycle 24...you bet they will.
Posted by alzo, Wednesday, 22 August 2007 2:20:51 PM
Alzo, I suggested that you wiki them first didn’t I? So now I know you are through and through a total liar!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_A._Pielke
Roger A. Pielke (Sr.) is a meteorologist

BZZZ! Wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Christy

John Christy was more interesting, as he does seem to be one climatologist that is sceptical of CO2 being the ONLY exclusive fundamental cause, but has said…

“It is scientifically inconceivable that after changing forests into cities, turning millions of acres into irrigated farmland, putting massive quantities of soot and dust into the air, and putting extra greenhouse gases into the air, that the natural course of climate has not changed in some way.”

He still believes we are doing it, but if he is right and all the other climatologists are wrong, then it may be even MORE serious than if Co2 were to blame. It seems our very agriculture has to be stopped! He is sceptical of severe consequences, but hey? The IPCC was a conservative body anyway. If we are to have an Annex A for all the Apathetic climatologists, then we need Annex B for all those that say “Bad” and Annex C for all those who say “Catastrophic”, OK?

Ultimately, humans are doing climate change, with some greenhouse input into that but he downplays just CO2. So does he support the “delayed Solar theory” of yours? (“I do believe in Birdman, I do, I DO!”) No.

BZZZ! Wrong.

Roy Spencer is just agnostic about man made Global Warming.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Spencer

He has no counter-theory, just questions whether or not we really know yet. He’s a sceptic in face of the evidence. He also seems to be a Creationist. Have fun dismissing hundreds of climatologist reports with him!

Lastly, I understand the experts to be saying CO2 is currently the problem. I also understand that this can be relatively easily solved by storing carbon in our soils. Watch Catalyst tomorrow night.

The main thing that bugs me is Deniers acting like the science is not settled, when no other theory works and no other single factor can explain the data we see.
Posted by Eclipse Now, Wednesday, 22 August 2007 3:30:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. All