The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Nobody's at home in Australia when it comes to actually caring > Comments

Nobody's at home in Australia when it comes to actually caring : Comments

By Natasha Cica, published 23/7/2007

Stop waiting for leadership and do something yourself.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
My family have been doing what you say for over 7 years to try to change the culture of neglect and bullying of children in Education and the victimisation of whistleblowers and for our efforts my children and family have been ostrasized, oppressed, vilified, ridiculed and victimised. Just about everybody turns a blind eye.

It is easy to say, do this and do that, but the reality is that there is a price to pay and those that speak out do so without support and as a result they suffer.

Education - Keeping them Honest
http://jolandachallita.typepad.com/education/
Our children deserve better.
Posted by Jolanda, Monday, 23 July 2007 9:15:32 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You better believe it, it's a jungle out there. Your kids just have to learn to cope, otherwise they will just get trampled. I speak from experience. I was one of the little kids who got bullied.
Posted by VK3AUU, Monday, 23 July 2007 10:22:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am in absolute awe of the Ms. Cica’s nastiness towards Mary Donaldson. It’s a bit of blow for a right-wing misogynist who really hates gooey pap in the media to be outdone by a “caring”, “nice” left-wing do-gooder who works for a drippy left-wing rag like “The Age”.

It seems that, when the constant shrieking from other “nice” people about Al Gore, multiculturalism, bad John Howard and those poor misunderstood foreign doctors and terror suspects finally reaches saturation point and bores the pants of most Australians, Red ideologues like Cica are perfectly prepared to put the boot into a poor, silly harmless woman to get us back on track.

It’s a wonder that she didn’t mention the Tampa incident, which has been now resurrected by the Left after 6 years. After all, that’s the big one which indicates that the ALP and their little helpers are not, perhaps, so confident about the polls.

Now, I’m sure all you left wing Howard-haters will respond to Ms. Cica’s requests as laid out in her final paragraph. But, seeing most of us have already been bored witless by constant jabber on all of the subjects dear to her heart, you will be wasting your time.

Mary Donaldson might be a pain in the butt and of little consequence, but at least she doesn’t constantly inspire the hatred and anti-everything rubbish dealt out ad nauseum by Cica and her kind.
Posted by Leigh, Monday, 23 July 2007 10:22:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Caring thats the problem.
Most people are blindsighted by political parties but when it comes to stand for what is right, well.

All you have to do is look here, labor this,liberals that.

What happened to stand up and be counted.
Make your vote count as if you are standing in parliament yourself, this is very easy.

Do you wish to roll over and do as your told or be expelled, with out any care

or do you have a voice for real change.

Care I am one who does.

Stuart Ulrich
Independent Candidate for Charlton
Posted by tapp, Monday, 23 July 2007 10:33:57 AM
I agree entirely: the Education Department is dysfunctional. I am in my late 70's and after being a volunteer tutor (mainly Math) at a high school for over four years my services were terminated because I provided help to a large family of children at the request of the oldest child (Year-7) whom I had earlier referred to a school counsellor due to her well founded distress. I was initially accused of grooming but the Commission for Children and Young People is satisfied that the EPAC investigation found nothing that would prevent me working with children. My late wife and I raised our own five children and unofficially took in another teenager so that she could finish high school. The letter refusing my appeal admitted that I had substantial support from the teachers at the school and I provided references and messages of thanks from several students. The Department claims that I disobeyed a direct instruction from the principal to have nothing to do with the particular student (mentioned above). Such a direct instruction was never given and if the Principal claims it was he is either deluding himself or misleading the Department.
I am still waiting for a reply to my most recent letter to the Premier in which I asked that his own officers investigate the matter as I am sure the Department is just defending its indefensible earlier decisions.
I am still helping four students voluntarily after school but I was helping over 100.
So much for children's well being coming first. They come well behind the needs of the control freaks and the status defence of those in power.
Posted by Foyle, Monday, 23 July 2007 10:49:43 AM
While I think that the author has over egged the pudding a bit - her call to arms if I can put it that way is timely - I disagree we are uncaring in absolute terms - and I discount Leighs disgruntled diatribe about the left - but then I always will - as for Mary Donaldson I dont know that the author was particularly nasty - but that is beside the point - but we are we are becoming more self centred.

What the author describes in not so many words is a the re emergence of the I'm all right Jack mentality - made a lot worse by both the cashed up bogans living it up on new found credit based wealth or those aspiring to it

- life for them and this notion is indeed supported by governments of the day - all of them I contend - life for them is about having stuff and lots of it - to the point where acquiring the second plasma TV is a paramount objective in life and to hell with anything else - and lets not forget the boat or jet ski - or both!

For many there is simply no time or incentive to care about much else.

Even the booming new religions are under pinned by the old protestant work ethic where external signs a of wealth are sure signs of a blessing from a god who supports rampant consummerism and the cult of looking great - no time for caring for much else other than yourself there.
Posted by sneekeepete, Monday, 23 July 2007 11:53:02 AM
Stand up and be counted? Risk being jailed because one has taken the whistleblower path? Be accused of goodness knows what if one helps a child in distress? Risk our children being bullied and name-called? Risk the loss of a job or the partner losing his/hers? Be ostracised just because one took a stand against wrongdoing? Be falsely accused of whatever takes the fancy of the person undertaking inappropriate behaviour? Oh, my dear. Please. Do us all a favour. Come out into the real world. Too many good people have been very badly treated to take your advice too seriously. In order to 'stand up and do something' the culture of acceptance of wrong-doing needs to change. Perhaps you could confine yourself to developing the means to doing this first, and then letting us know the formula? It's a good sentiment, dear, but not practical in the world we currently have.
Posted by arcticdog, Monday, 23 July 2007 12:18:42 PM
Personally I think she was right when she said, nothing was in her cupboard. I hesitate to guess what might be not written on her t-shirt. I think I just read a 1000 word definition of the word vacuous.
Posted by aqvarivs, Monday, 23 July 2007 1:46:16 PM
Sneekeepete,
You have hit the nail on the head yet again mate, yank consumerism prevails in this country. We are rapidly losing our own national identity "she'll be right mate" or apathy and selfishness rules. We once had a "can I give you a hand mate" culture however that was in a time when we could have the USA as an ally without wearing our caps backward wearing baggy trousers and describing our mates as "guys".

We have been weaned into a world where it's "all about me" and real love, compassion or empathy for our fellow man is disappearing in favor of the 2nd Plasma. When you think about it what a ridiculous slant on life. You still get the same yank crap shows on Plasma as you do with an ordinary TV. Not assisted by the emergence of lunatic cults like the Assembly of God.
Posted by SHONGA, Monday, 23 July 2007 2:15:50 PM
Thanks Natasha, you've given me the cracker up the fundament to take a stand on something dear to my heart. It's time I actually made a formal approach to our mayor to change the by laws and make pool covers mandatory in our City.
I've seen the lakes in my local park dry up as the water table drops but water waste doesn't.
And I've sat under the bougainvillea and lifted another scab and whinged at my thoughtless neightbours evaporating away as I demand that someone do something about it.
I may not be successful, but it's worth trying.
Perhaps I'm the somebody who should do something about it.
Diana
Posted by Diana, Monday, 23 July 2007 8:36:12 PM
Foyle,There is a person who is hiding behind the 'department,' telling you to have nothing to do with a person/s in need. You may find another avenue to help and discover funding to help others in most need of tutoring that you & others give so freely. Congratulations on your empathy. Sounds to me the 'faceless one,' has yet to learn the meaning of such compassion.
Posted by ma edda, Monday, 23 July 2007 9:20:45 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah possums. This article and thread is just what I need at the moment. The sly-boys in Canberra are turning me bolemic. Can I hide out here for a little while?

I declare, I love you all - depend on it!

Hey, why don't we all watch some YouTube together? Light the incense Sneeky. Turn the lights down. C'mon everybody. The Lambrusco's on me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o02mRHYENnU&mode=related&search=

(god, people knew how to dress then)

Come and join us Natasha. We don't bite.

Sleep tight all....
Posted by Chris Shaw, Carisbrook 3464, Monday, 23 July 2007 9:42:05 PM
hmmmmm - I had a beard like that once. And as for incense Chris - my house is full of the stuff - my daughter thinks she is a throw back to Janis Joplin - cough cough
Posted by sneekeepete, Tuesday, 24 July 2007 12:52:46 PM
Chris,
Thank you providing a cackle here, I enjoyed that, and sneeky I can't grow a beard but don't mind the smell of incense but luckily don't have a daughter who burns it either, good luck with that mate, Janis Joplin was good in her time which passed too quickly.
Posted by SHONGA, Tuesday, 24 July 2007 1:20:07 PM
Natasha,

Two journalist gave me the understanding that if they published anything about me they could be imprisoned, allegedly on orders of the Federal Government. Perhaps this explains why “junk” is more in focus by the media then real reporting.

When on 19 July 2006 I succeeded in two appeals, after a 5-year legal battle with the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions on constitutional grounds, not a single newspaper reported this.

As a “CONSTITUTIONALIST” I have taken on not just John Howard but the judges of the High Court of Australia for their incompetence and shoddy work in their 14 November 2006 judgment concealing the real intentions of the Framers of the Constitution, and so wrongly declaring WorkChoices to be constitutionally valid.
I have published numerous books about certain constitutional and other legal issues, but not a single media outlet would dare to mention this.

On 19 March 2003, the day of the unconstitutional invasion into Iraq, I was again denied by the High Court of Australia, albeit unconstitutionally, my writs within Section 75(v) of the Constitution to prohibit Australian troops to invade Iraq to proceed for hearing upon its MERITS!
I proved in court that the 2001 purported federal election was unconstitutional.

My blog at http://au.360.yahoo.com/profile-ijpxwMQ4dbXm0BMADq1lv8AYHknTV_QH and my website at http://www.schorel-hlavka.com has a wealth of information about numerous issues showing that I do care. This because I like that not just my grandchildren but all others have the benefits of a democratic society, something currently robbed from us, by whatever political party is in power!

If just we were able to have an INDEPENDENT media that were to cover real news stories, then we might even get the impression that journalism is still alive!

I have no doubt that if you read everything that is on my blog you may just realise that you are living in a LEGAL FICTION rather then in LEGAL REALITY.

Lets start, as an example, that if you think “Australian citizenship” is a nationality then for sure you are living In a LEGAL FICTION.
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Thursday, 26 July 2007 3:10:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy