The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Religion, social attitudes and politics > Comments

Religion, social attitudes and politics : Comments

By Mark Bahnisch, published 5/7/2007

Family First, and Tony Abbott style politics, are a symptom of a cultural shift away from religiously inspired social values rather than evidence of a revival.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Hi Sticky :)

You said: (Proselytism)

"also happens to maximise the chances of whatever cult that one happens to belong to, garnering the greatest membership, power, wealth and influence possible"

Hmmm... *ouch*.... I have no idea how you derived THAT from my post.
Specially the 'wealth and power' bits. I give WARNings in my post "about" that very thing, am constantly rebuking such attitudes within Churches.. yet.... you still manage to think that inviting people to Christ is about 'wealth and power'.

In my post I specifically mentioned Jesus 'cost of discipleship' saying to COUNTER that thing, but ... u can still find it :)
You should be a prospector mate.. nothing will dim your spirits or enthusiasm "But.. I'll check that next river or creek..and THEN I'll find gold..because I KNOW it's there"

Bear in mind, its not about 'me' or any particular denomination ok....
I invite people to the simple truth of a relationship with God, through Christ. I don't care WHERE they express that relationship.
(in denominational terms)
Further..if you accept the invitation, and then 'UNaccept it, no one will hunt you down and kill you' (like Islam will) So, please cease drawing similarities between Christianity and Islam.

Sticky.. if you get riled by my calls to faith.. 'change the chanel' .... or ignore my posts. It's not hard.

blessings 2 u anyway.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 11 July 2007 9:11:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
G'day BOAZmeister (since we are getting all familiar ;)

I must admit, of the monotheistic faiths, I DO find Islam the most worrisome due to its current inability to coexist with other faiths peacefully (though clearly that trait has existed from time to time in mainstream Christianity too, I am sure you will grant me). The comparison I drew was in terms of the inbuilt proselytism of both, nothing more, nothing less.

As for you, my objection is purely with your insistence on managing to turn EVERY freakin' thread into an opportunity for proselytism, in the same way that poor, deluded runner manages to turn his every post into an anti-evolution rant - NO-ONE WANTS TO HEAR IT!

The original article was about whether or not there is currently a trend back toward religion or if the apparent resurgence (as exemplified by Tony Abbott et al) is actually counter-trend. So why don't you try to stick to topic? And please don't try to post-justify what you wrote as relevant, cos it wasn't.

If I want to hear how to find the love of the good lord Jesus, I'll be sure to give you a call, OK?
Posted by stickman, Wednesday, 11 July 2007 11:49:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy