The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sending in the troops > Comments

Sending in the troops : Comments

By Brett Solomon, published 2/7/2007

The widespread abuse of Indigenous Australians should deeply worry us all. So too should the Federal Government’s response to it.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Why do posters not speak of Aboriginal community's outside country towns across Australia?
Each shares all the problems of the NT.
Each shames both white Australia AND the sometimes openly RACIST few Aboriginals who undermine change.
Not pleasant? no but true.
My work this day will take me into such a country community ,drunken females will be seen and hungry kids.
Is it ALL white mans fault?
If I park my car unwisely it will not be there after I return if I take a promise of a very well paid job I will get no takers.
Can we bypass the idiotic, yes only description that fits insults about the Army?
Rudd will use them just as we always have to build or rebuild to bring help and distribute it .
Only some one unable to think clearly would say they invade.
Those of us who are anti Howard should remember we have no need to adopt his tactics of lies to see the end of him.
And those who think these folk can fix the problem without help? WHY HAVE THEY NO DONE IT?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 4 July 2007 7:37:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Facts..John Howard is a racist.He is devoted to the destruction of the Aboriginal people and culture.He is up for sale.He has been employed by the mining interests to make a land grab dressed up a assistance.
He has been used by employers to dun wage earners.
He's in the services of the media conglomerates to manipulate media ownership.
He is a lackey of the American arms manufacturers.
He is amoral.
Kevin Rudd's implicit agreement is in the same league.
Noel Pearson has been seconded.
I don't know what to do. The most powerful are degenerate.
Posted by ocm, Wednesday, 4 July 2007 10:09:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ocm, you are a sick individual, you need to see someone who will help you.
Posted by mickijo, Wednesday, 4 July 2007 2:46:17 PM
Yes, I might be sick, mikijo.
The PM is only interested in the PM.
His intentions towards the problems of our aboriginal people are only of interest if his own public standing can be increased. He's certainly achieved a lot of publicity.
If he can get votes out of masquerading as anything other than the moral pervert that he is, then he will say and do whatever he needs to, in order to further his personal ends.
mikijo the man is a self-confessed liar and a proven abuser of the truth.
Personal ambition has been known to cause mental and moral deterioration and our PM is a shining example of this.
His foray into the NT is the latest assignment from his masters.
When they have the go ahead to dispossess the owners and the mines are producing, his bosses, in their boardrooms will sit back, satisfied and say " Well wasn't he a pushover." And they will be right.
The sick person in this argument is the Prime Minister.
Posted by ocm, Wednesday, 4 July 2007 11:03:56 PM
It's boring reading all the Bile directed towards Howard .
Thank God none of these people are in Command of efforts to alleviate the suffering of the Children involved .
These people don't understand how Gov't works , they don't know about the "Dead Hand" the Bureaucracy , they don't realize that an "Inquiry" , "Consultation" is a junket for the media savvy "Sydney Black Mafia" and the Gov't Spin Doctors ; Remember the screams when the Howard Gov't wanted to audit their affairs to find out "Where to Millions went" ........none was delivered to where it should have gone , if it had done so maybe we wouldn't be having this discussion . Recall the aboriginal lady lamenting on Auntie TV , something like , "We had the opportunity and lost it , all those millions of dollars wasted". All that money delivered by the Feds was taxpayers money , it never was audited , no one was charged with fraud , and no one has ever apologized .
There is no votes and little public interest in Aboriginals , occupies the too hard basket , however there are people like me , dedicated family people , myself five children , who are gut wrenched at the child abuse revelations coming out of the Northern Territory , paradoxically it is fortunate that I / we are not in command of the Howard Efforts because I /We would deem the Parents unsuitable morally , unsuitable to be Parents , and act accordingly to alleviate the suffering, I /We would become infamous and be forever cursed for heralding in the second "Stolen Generation". Perhaps the NT Gov't realized the same , that's why they sat on the report ..........Lucky I / We and They ; the Children and the Moral Psyche of the average Ozzie have John Howard ?
Posted by PortoSalvo, Thursday, 5 July 2007 10:01:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy