The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Human Rights in China: trainwreck > Comments

Human Rights in China: trainwreck : Comments

By John E. Carey, published 28/5/2007

While the Chinese Government tries to make everything look delightful before the 2008 Olympics, a culture of corruption and abuse of human rights is difficult to dismiss.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Romany said: "Before I came here I lived in a place where many people were afraid to go outdoors at night. A country where I and my children frequently went hungry. I could get fined for crossing a road, listening to music, making up my own mind about my own safety, or sitting on my local beach toasting the sunset. People abused and fought each other in public, road rage happened, young girls were not safe either in or out of the house and the elderly were either ignored and maltreated in nursing homes or were looked upon as targets. Drugs proliferated and even if I chose not to indulge I could (and did) find them turning up in my drink. THAT was scary."

OK Romany, so you have lived in Darwin, Australia. Big deal.

I once lived there, and found it the same as you describe, so i spose it hasnt changed one bit.

And did you forget to remember Dr Death in Qld, Dr Patel?
Posted by Gadget, Friday, 1 June 2007 8:00:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy