The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Quiet obedience can never serve Labor MPs well > Comments

Quiet obedience can never serve Labor MPs well : Comments

By Barry Cohen, published 20/4/2007

The ALP's 'tactics committee' decides the questions that will be asked and who will ask them. Not the ALP Members.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
ozzies, do pay attention: oz is not a democracy. it is nothing like a democracy. political parties are not democratic institutions, they are criminal gangs. if they operated in commerce rather than politics you would have no hesitation in labeling them 'stand-over thugs'. their whole purpose is to impose the rule of party leaders on party members with the further aim of ruling society.

so at least stop blaming 'democracy' for the ills of our gang-ruled society, for there is no democracy here. if you can't grasp this, you have succumbed to that sort of brainwashing described so well in '1984' as 'doublethink'. if you do understand it and continue to describe oz as a democracy, then you're the problem- one of the cynical hypocrites who profit from debasing the electorate into political cattle.

the problems oz society faces come not from the failings of democracy but the lack of democracy. in pollie-ruled australia, tweedledum and tweedledee are twins, joined at the hip in their profound belief that 'pollies rule, ok!
Posted by DEMOS, Saturday, 21 April 2007 9:57:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In agreement

and the failings have become that of what Mr Rudd has stated

Politics is about Power.

This in itself says it all as this is not what it is about.

The first and foremost it is about representing the people and this great nation of ours.

Not as Ms Gillard has stated
She was honourned to represent the labor party in government.

The people, this is what TAPP is all about.

That is my word, my honour, my self respect, my respect for the people.

Stuart

www.tapp.org.au
Posted by tapp, Saturday, 21 April 2007 4:41:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Stuart.

Twisting the truth again, when will you give up.

"Politics is about power. It is about the power of the state. It is about the power of the state as applied to individuals, the society in which they live and the economy in which they work. Most critically, our responsibility in this parliament is how that power is used: whether it is used for the benefit of the few or the many."

Kevin Rudd's maiden speech in parliament.

Selectively quoting again.

Next distortion Stu?
Posted by Steve Madden, Saturday, 21 April 2007 5:18:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The "ticker" belongs to Australia right now.

This will be the most fruitful election Australia will see for a while.

The problems we are facing as a nation are part of a bigger result.

We have a potential outcome, it is serious, and one we must choose to find solutions.

Howard has nothing to loose this time. He has shown himself to be a "tactical" leader. We have learnt a lot from Mr John Howard.

Now however, we get to choose again.

We need a new Federal Government.

We need the continuity of the States and inter-regional institutional reform in Queensland. This includes (we are told) changes within the Local Government framework.

We think about all the governance of these administrations and wonder… how can we make this election effective?

Are these administrations effective?

Is it government or the reform of their administrations that would make a difference?

What do we call effective?

http://www.miacat.com/
Posted by miacat, Saturday, 21 April 2007 7:53:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Steve

I would first like to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing me to continue this discussion. I have not lied I have seen this in the eyes of an everyday person that I am.

First words count.

Kevin Rudds First 4 words

Politics is Power

Power of the state

Power how parliament uses this

Well I think Kevin Rudd has this all wrong, he seems to have power on the mind.

This following is an extract from the following article

Stop the presses: the story Rudd tried to kill
Author: Alan Ramsey Date: 31/03/2007
Words: 1662 Source: SMH

What this story is about is a bit of attempted political thuggery. It's the story of the story that Rudd and his minders tried to kill. And when I say kill, I mean kill. Not deferred, or gutted, or rewritten to suit the Labor leader. Gone altogether. Kaput. Never published. They failed. The Sun-Herald published the story three weeks ago, on March 11. It was the edition with a modest pointer, at the bottom of its front page, which said: "Revealed: The family that disputes Kevin Rudd's version of childhood eviction. Pages 10,11."

If you wish i am quite happy to add more off the rudd labor type off power that he uses. This seems that it isnt about the people even with the spashes of individuals and community, but is this the labor/union community or individuals. So we see his power with team sunrise, now team KAK and now its team murdock, we see what power kevin wants.

Also let’s look at the fact dawn service, for one I was disgusted as being Artillery.

We find that either Kevin Rudd is incompetent or just full off himself with “ I Have The Power”.

Oh Steve thank you again for this opportunity, you should read what Belly wrote.

TAPP’s first words

Politics is about People

www.tapp.org.au
Posted by tapp, Saturday, 21 April 2007 8:20:19 PM
A few stones thrown at me here no matter I like a grin.
First that old lemon that I am blindly following the party line!
Gee I can not spell well but can you read?
I have myself done it, posted without reading the other posts but it should be clear you are wrong, even to Tapp.
Now another says no one believes any side of Australian politics ,explain why we return one or the other then.
And last Tapp
no not worth the effort.
Kevin Rudd can not be all things to all men, he however will be elected Prime Minister of Australia this year.
Why? not just workchoices but a whole host of issues such as AWB, subservience to the present leader of the USA and complicity in a war based on lies.
Refusal to understand the long term gains from importing northern water south and the list gos on.
Again Australia needs strong oppositions why have the conservatives not debated the lost state and territory elections?
Why are they unable to see the impending defeat federally and understand policy's not attempts to trash Rudd and truth not worn out lies are needed?
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 22 April 2007 3:38:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy