The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The UN feeds its own > Comments

The UN feeds its own : Comments

By Bashir Goth, published 30/3/2007

UN employees are spoiled with hefty salaries, large annual bonuses, extravagant parties and dream pensions.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
"Privatisation of the UN operations can eliminate this corrupt system and implement efficient projects through a transparent and accountable system."

You cannot be serious Bashir! It is the imposition of the 'Washington concensus' and IMF/World Bank policies of 'restructuring', deregulation', 'privatisation' and the like, that very effectively reduce countless millions of peoples worldwide to penury every year.

Get real man!
Posted by Sowat, Friday, 30 March 2007 5:06:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All elites have their snout in the trough, they are no different to our own government living of the largesse of the people.
Posted by roama, Friday, 30 March 2007 8:37:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When we take the survival component is taken from any organisation,decay is the order of the day.There are no consequences of poor behaviour for the UN bureaucracy to take heed.

Basically the UN is a waste of space.It is run by third world countries to appease Western consciences.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 30 March 2007 11:12:23 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Bashir Goth, you sound like a used car saleman. The arguement presented through your article is flawed from begining to end.

I advocate that Public and Priviate Partnership is worth trying. This would improve things, but not if the Private sector takes over. I believe "self-interest" to be the core of our problems already.

Coming is a new period where humanity is making small changes, to overcome major disparties that have been occurring for thousands and thousands of years. Yes it is an economic imbalance as well as a imbalance of functional power.

Humans are evolving and it is best not to give up.

Corruption is a major problem everywhere. It is a problem with empowerment, with justice and our right to scruntise those who put themselves above others who struggle at ground levels.

I advocate self-government at all levels (Ground UP) be seen as a means to "build capacity" through sustainable development as a long-term goal. I see global improvements over the past month that were unbelievable just a years ago... or at the time of the recent world summit.

We need a level playing field yes. Adding pressure to those nations, regions and peoples already under dire-stress by reducing their plight and discribing their levels of poverty, oppression and war-torn--crime and terror to an arguement based on simple "handouts" is irresponsible.

Sure we need to be critical however; we also need a standard that will help us to solve problems we already have, not create more by fudging the facts.

Apathy breeds Apathy Bashir Goth. My aim is to help reverse this phenomenon by seeking to address all interests as I guess you think you have tried.

I do not agree with the present veto system at the UN and few do. However, your suggestion attacks the very people you appear to advocate for the most.

The UN is made up of regional government representations and within that forum I do not see one nation in the world who has the right mix when it comes to representations.

I wish I did.

http://www.miacat.com/
Posted by miacat, Sunday, 1 April 2007 3:02:08 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I can't see any evidence of us evolving out from corruption (or evolving at all for that matter). Human beings by their very nature are corrupt and it is the continual challenge to rise above it. The next generation won't be any different. Even in the best of us there is some degree of corruption. The heart of man as a generalistaion, doesn't change. Where there is mankind there will always be error, vice and corruption. But it is what good men are for - to stand up against evil and corruption and fight it to defend those who cannot defend themselves.

The UN is a nice concept with a terribly flawed structure which is, like many seemingly good ideas ripe for abuse by (at best) dishonest and (at worst) evil heartless men. Much like any system of centralised government (notice all Western governments are centralising more and more power on a continual and increasing basis) it tends towards more power, more control and entices men who wish to use that power for their own benefit.

Decentralisation is far safer, maybe not as theoretically efficient, but much better for mankind. Scrap the UN (which does a lousy job defending the defenseless) and let's go back to running our own countries and siding with those other countries we agree with at the time.
Posted by gpenglase, Wednesday, 4 April 2007 3:26:49 PM
So, what is omitted?

Perhaps, it is a possibility to get a job at the UN through strong connections at national levels and securing a job with sexual favors as one was already in.
Posted by MichaelK., Monday, 9 April 2007 7:29:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy