The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > It's hard to argue against equality > Comments

It's hard to argue against equality : Comments

By Graeme Innes, published 1/3/2007

For gay and lesbian couples the inequalities embedded in current legislation are obvious and inexcusable.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Bugger it, I think I'll drop another baby, 4 is just not enough.

Let me get my calculator out. Yes, yes, my master plan is deliciously wicked. I can do this in spite of all those queer tax payers who get none of the perks, and come out smelling like roses.

Right BD.
Oh thats right, Leviticus. Don't you love that chapter:

Leviticus 20:09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9qawc8h6w4

This video is for Christians and Non-Christians too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrGA0VTgW7U

Leviticus 13:45-46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrf4_jPbOQc

Back to my master plan and my calculator.

Now, just to really piss all the fashion queens off in Oxford Street, it pays off to drop another baby. Good money in the baby bonus.

Then there are the payments in child support.

More money for family support.

More time off work.

More tax deductions.

More health care benefits.

More super benefits.

I am miles ahead of them. Oh this is such a great gloating point.

So when I buy my new home in Castle Hill, I can claim my first home buyers bonus, drop another baby, claim all of the above bonuses and time off work, and just to make it more fun, my wife and I will buy AWB SUVs to commute to the city and rent parking spots under slum housing.

Its a great deal. AWDs and 4WDs are a great tax dodge, Yes, they are still tax deductable.

Bugger it, I can really annoy my conservationist friends too.

Then I'll enrol the kids into private schools. Yes, the taxpayers can pay for the subsidies for that too, stuff them. The queers can't cash in on that one. Oh yeah, I've suddenly seen the light! What a great perk!

So the next time I go to Oxford Steet with my pram and they comment about my daggy clothes, I can arm myself with my babies with my wicked laugh: Rahahahahaha....you are paying for it all.....AAAAhahahahaha!
Posted by saintfletcher, Friday, 2 March 2007 12:24:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lesbians always complain about limited access to health funds and other penalties they face. They do not mention the lesbian couples that both draw Centre link benefits as single Mums while living together. Gay and lesbians have an image problem that needs a lot of work. How many times do we hear of judges and magistrates hanging around public toilets waiting for casual sex? (Remember judge Yeldham and others). The Mardi-gras has become a sort of in your face exercise pushing the lifestyle of a minority group. It has become the place for drug dealers to unload speed and give the gays everlasting erections.
Gays, lesbians and Muslims have the common thread of aggressively pushing the agenda of a minority with their in your face behaviour and dress codes. The cries of persecution, bias and their “rent-a-crowd” demonstrations only isolate them further from the rest of society.
Posted by SILLE, Friday, 2 March 2007 7:56:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sille, I am in a long term relationship and my partner has a lovely child. We went to Centrelink to say I have a full time job and she has a part time job so we no longer wish to have her on Single Parent Payments. They point blank said we don't recognise your relationship. So in that way we do not have the opportunity for income splitting nor medicare as a family, nor tax breaks that other families get, just to name a few things. But we do pay taxes and do volunteer work and we are going to become permanent foster parents for kids that have had a rough time and their biological parents can't take care of them. We are pretty bad eggs aren't we! However we are not both allowed to adopt these kids as a couple.

Oh and another point, we have never hung around public toilets, however unfortunately we have had to walk past them and get taunts from Heterosexual males who think they can make whatever comments they like to us. Yuk.

Nor have we ever attended the Mardi Gras....we must be very abnormal, we don't fit into the "gay picture" you have drawn yourself and are trying to tell others, but we aren't heterosexuals either. Where do we fit in?
Posted by Joy, Friday, 2 March 2007 10:08:50 AM
This simple fact is that 'benefits' and 'tax-breaks' are provided by the government in order to encourage certain behaviours and relationships that have the clearest benefits to society.

Until you make the case the a homosexual civil union provides the same benefits to our society as a heterosexual one, then the case for 'equality' is an empty, vapid, rhetorical trick.
Posted by Grey, Friday, 2 March 2007 10:11:33 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry to disappoint you all, but Graeme Innes’ article wasn’t about behaviour, it was about rights.

It’s a very simple proposition: in a country where everyone is born equal, it’s not acceptable to withhold rights and benefits from some people because of their membership of a particular group. What they actually _do_ is not the issue here, it’s who they are.

Fortunately, and contrary to my posting above, today it looks like the Prime Minister is finally getting the message, in no small measure due to the efforts of Graeme Innes and his colleagues at the HREOC.

Equality for sexual minorities is on the way: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21310074-421,00.html

Get used to it.
Posted by jpw2040, Friday, 2 March 2007 10:53:37 AM
Well I admit Joy, I loathe Mardi Gras for myself these days like the Dentist.

As much as I have supported it in past I am retiring from having to defend the thing and will stay home with the family.

This decision does not stop the pressure from my LGTB friends who keep calling every 10 minutes insisting that I must go, and if I don't, they'll somehow kidnap me kicking and screaming till I finally submit. The thing that concreted my decision was that a few have insisted that if I am too tired to go, then I MUST take Crystal Meth to party on with them, or I am no artist at all.

I've had to question a few friendships. Friends never pressure you to take drugs.

So caught between various worlds in the inner city, my survival instincts kick in, and I don't think I need things to make me more insane than I already am.

If you think my devil's advocate in my last posting was a stress signal, you are probably right. I'm not insecure in myself, I just don't feel like going to Mardi Gras, and as my inner child is a non-conformist, I see no reason why I should conform for the sake of PC points. Other straight people around me are under similar duress and tension, they really don't want to go. It seems like a chore.

Its not my Mardi Gras anyway. Anyway, I won't rain on your Mardi Gras, enjoy it and please don't conform for the sake of approval taking Chrystal or other party drugs. I've seen the lion cages at SVH and the result is horrifying. If you get tired, just go home and enjoy a packet of Tim Tams. Nothing beats Tim Tams and a good cup of tea.

I think I made my point in terms of equal rights and how non-families or non-approved families have the burden of subsidising those who are approved.
Posted by saintfletcher, Friday, 2 March 2007 11:04:20 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy