The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Religious captivity in the secular state > Comments

Religious captivity in the secular state : Comments

By Jocelynne Scutt, published 30/1/2007

Do you want your private details to be held for years by a religious organisation if you have no religion?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
I am an atheist that have encountered the harm of religeon especially Christianity in my daily life. Promotion of child abuse, mistreatment of women, spreading of general ignorance like creationisim.

I was approached by Mission Australia fundraisers, they did not disclose their religeous component of their mission. I signed up to them for regular deduction. As I was previously homeless I gladly signed up.

I have leared today they not only evangelise, they discriminate against non-christians. I am cancelling my deductions.

As to claiming the agencies are non-profit, that is incorrect, they make a profit which goes to the parent body which can be spent evangelising.
Posted by Kommissar, Sunday, 29 July 2007 2:05:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I find "spider's" comment above incredible, because it is typical of the abuse of women (as hysterical) that one will find in those of a dogmatic mindset. How would anyone be sensitive to abuse of allowing a particular ideological group to have sway over those who are at their most vulnerable, when one is already so keen to abuse women as spider does?

Impartiality and fairness (not abuse) is one reason why we need the SECULAR PARTY OF AUSTRALIA.
Posted by JenniferOZ, Tuesday, 20 November 2007 4:29:40 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy