The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The empirical basis of the Green Lantern theory > Comments

The empirical basis of the Green Lantern theory : Comments

By John Quiggin, published 23/1/2007

Claims by some in the Bush administration that the Iraq war can be won by an exercise of willpower are fundamentally misconceived. Best Blogs 2006.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I agree with this analysis by John. It may seem that some of us critics of the Iraq debacle are being wise after the event. But many of us were sneered at by neocons and warmongers for predicting in 2002 that to invade Iraq would be like wrestling the tar baby, another Vietnam.

Can anyone really say that Iraq is any better off than it was in 2002? Is there any sign of when peace and stability will come? If John's measure of a successful outcome of a war is that you must be better off than before you went in, can the coalition of the willing claim this?

The CotW is hanging on grimly in Iraq in the belief that to leave now would be an admission of defeat. Shades of Vietnam again. In reality, defeat has already occurred and they remain in Iraq in defiance of this reality.
Posted by PK, Tuesday, 23 January 2007 6:56:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Excuse, How can I post an article ? I couldn't find the link,the post an article button, etc...
Please help me.

Regards eclectic literati
Posted by the eclectic literati, Tuesday, 23 January 2007 8:57:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy