The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Barriers to study for the disabled > Comments

Barriers to study for the disabled : Comments

By Peter Gibilisco, published 6/2/2007

Digital technology has the potential to free people with disabilities from the realities of being disabled - if it wasn't so expensive.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Peter,
Please continue to be 'filled with rage' as this is one of the most important ways for the disability community to continue the good fight.
Your arguments for PES are supported by the economic model of disability and tertiary education, put so eloquently by Mark Bagshaw from IBM. We must continue to require governments to 'invest' in people with disabilities if we wish to ever change our continued reliance on the social purse.
Thank you for the opinion
Rgds. Martin
Posted by mkfathers, Wednesday, 14 February 2007 7:54:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Peter
Your articles are excellent. It is very good to read about your work and your passion like mine, for getting a better deal for people with a disability.

I work in Disability Services as a social worker (Monash BSW MSW) and I am pushing for greater use of individual planning/person centred planning as a tool to indentify and reduce barriers. The new Disability Act will help but there is more needed.

I would be most interested if you would like to discuss individual planning/person centred planning as a way to assist people to gain a better life all round including employment and life options.

With your knowledge you could be interested in helping together with one or two others.

Have you seen the Valuing People Site/Resources/Person Centred Approaches/Doing it? http://valuingpeople.gov.uk/dynamic/valuingpeople140.jsp

Also www.helensandersonassociates.co.uk

I have just found forum site and did not know it existed, so would be pleased to receive an acknowledgement.

I live in the southeast of Melbourne too.

Cheers

Annee
Posted by annee, Sunday, 18 February 2007 1:50:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy