The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Schooled in the art of the possible > Comments

Schooled in the art of the possible : Comments

By Patrick Weller, published 22/1/2007

Yes, Kevin Rudd lacks ministerial experience, but he has untold experience at high levels of public service.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
The Labor Party propaganda machine is in full swing selling the electorate a georgeous and safe picture of Kevin, Howard clone, Rudd.
But the electorate won't have forgotten it was the same machine that sold unsuccessfully Mark Latham. And no-one can claim Latham unravelled prior to his electoral demise.

The succession of stories on Rudd have not focused accurately on any of his shortcomings or negatives. There are plenty of excuses or 'reasons' though.

Boring boring boring... has a nice ring.
Posted by keith, Monday, 22 January 2007 4:06:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm looking forward to reading all policies, but particularly for health (including the future of Australia's COMMUNITY RATING PRINCIPLE and Medibank Private).

I'm hoping to see some progressive policies that will create a better, fairer future health care system (not market-based) - capable of being operationalised so that targeted milestones and outcomes can actually be achieved progressively over time.
Posted by Cris Kerr, Monday, 22 January 2007 4:28:56 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What are we voters to do? Rudd may be a viable option; but is there enough talent and unity behind him? My belief, based mainly upon my appreciation of Labours dismal performance as a party and an opposition, is that it is not yet Labour's Time, even though you might say it should be Time. So far Rudd's almost snide negative approach seems all too similar to Kim's style. I have to say, I think Gillard might have been a better choice. Julia is strong, creative and might bring new legs to a tired and depressed Labour camp. Maybe the fingers that got burnt by Latham's selection were not ready to take another radical option. Too bad, I personally beleive it is Time for a lady PM.
Posted by Hendo, Monday, 22 January 2007 10:52:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"The succession of stories on Rudd have not focused accurately on any of his shortcomings or negatives"

Fill us in!
Posted by bennie, Tuesday, 23 January 2007 8:36:19 AM
See what is possible in Kevin Rudd's TV message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS25sTLsiHg
Posted by Brisvegan, Monday, 29 January 2007 5:15:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy