The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Gathering strength > Comments

Gathering strength : Comments

By Ampersand Duck, published 4/1/2007

One woman's experience of coming to terms with a pregnancy only to have it wrenched away. Best Blogs 2006.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I send positive thoughts and well wishes to you and I hope the surgery is without difficulties and has only healthy consequences. I sometimes wonder at the drive and the need for women to conceive and the lengths they go to achieve this outcome. I know and understand the desire to hold one's own dear little baby in one's arms and relish in the amazing and miraculous event. After having two of my own children and being present for the births of three of my six grandchildren, I know what a truly life changing experience it is. I still cry at the miracle of the event if I see a baby born on tv or in a film. I know there have been many wonderful miracles achieved with the IVF program. With all the different faiths in the world today and their varying beliefs I often find myself returning to 'Mother Nature' as the 'Natural Planner' and the fact that it is 'Mother' and not 'Father' seems to me the reason that so many varying natural occurences happen. We humans keep having to put our grubby fingers into places that maybe we shouldn't have
ventured. Yes, we have used 'nature' to discover many wonderful things for the betterment of our planet but I feel that sometimes we get a bit big for our boots and think we are the mightier power, often with dire consequences. Maybe 'Mother Nature' is telling you that it is your time now to continue with your own life's plans, that you have done your job as a creator of children. I hope your recovery is speedy and your return to your project is swift and fulfilling. I have rambled a bit here but your story brought up so many different emotions in me. I wish you and all other women fulfillment and success in whatever dreams and goals that are in your hearts.
Working Granny
Posted by Working Granny, Thursday, 4 January 2007 11:21:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What working granny said.

As a society we don't seem to appreciate that normal or average pregnancies are not as normal or average as we like to think.

Good luck to you. No doubt Wellsley Giblet would have been proud of your arts project.
Posted by chainsmoker, Thursday, 4 January 2007 7:46:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I came, I saw, I wept.

Or at least that was what i was going to say.

And then I read the dead end: 'GAH! Thanks, Mr Abbott. It's all your fault'.

God is the creator of life, thats why you are here.

The only fault in all this is that one is embracing death.

The incompassionate negativity in the text might be a clue as to the nature of the problem; not so much being a defective goddess, as choosing it.

See Freud first.
Posted by Gadget, Thursday, 4 January 2007 9:47:34 PM
Oh, well spotted on the "incompassionate negativity" Gadget.

Takes one to know one, and all that.
Posted by Zoe, Friday, 5 January 2007 11:50:12 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yep. Well done gadget. Bet that post made her feel all warm and fuzzy, huh?

Got a quote for you, bud. You might recognise it:

"...if you haven't got anything good to say, then don't say anything at all."

Matthew 6 v 9? Nah. Thumper the rabbit in Bambi. Wise old bunnyrabbit though.
Posted by Romany, Saturday, 6 January 2007 8:48:19 PM
See Ampersand Duck? You brought in on yourself you naughty pro-choicer.

Gadget - we have a saying where I come from. It goes along the lines of 'yo' wack.
Posted by audrey apple, Saturday, 6 January 2007 11:33:46 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy