The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Get ready for new management > Comments

Get ready for new management : Comments

By John E. Carey, published 29/11/2006

Western nations must prepare for a future dominated by Chinese, Indian and Islamic people.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
It must be very comforting for all these right wingers to know they are always right? Well at least they think they are. Whenever someone starts a post with leftist or rightist you know what will come next will be complete crap. Ben your young and we all know the education systems doesn't spend much time on these subjects anymore so your silly ideas can be forgiven. However many of the other posters have said some silly things to.
Lets start by restating that everyone has a right to improve their lives. These countries have every right to move into the first world. To talk about these like "containment" is blatant racism.
Next these countries cultures will change, just look at how the "West" has changed in the last 50 years. To think that they won't is silly.
Western culture is not the end point of humanity merely a stepping stone I for one look forward to the contribution that these people will have on humanities future. Sure there will be some bad, but over all it is something to look forward to.
Posted by Kenny, Thursday, 30 November 2006 8:45:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Most of the left have hated the freedoms that came with adopting Christian principles. The selfishness of humanism will reap what it has sown. Their will be no G20 protests under Islamic law or Communism
Posted by runner, Thursday, 30 November 2006 9:44:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interesting topic.....

The trouble is, it's about religion. Which is the most powerful force for destruction on the planet. Yep, it's about hate: which engenders war and killing. Why?

Have a quiet think about the following.... Most of religion is about believing something. Whether it be that one person believes their is one "god" (their particular brand e.g Christianity), or many "gods" (viz-a-viz Hinduism), or some prophet of their "god".. or no "god" (other religions). These groups take it upon themselves to slaughter anyone else who doesn't believe the same as themselves. Just think about that for a minute.... why do humans do that?

In the book, Gulliver's Travels, the illustration of the Big-Endians and the Little Endians is exactly the parody I am after. (For the illiterate; it's a story about the conflict between two groups of people; one who cut the top off their boiled egg at the Big End and the other at the LIttle End - get it?)

So, in terms of the religious act, does the fact that you believe something:
a. make it right?
b. give you the self -appointed right to force others to (outwardly) believe it too?
c. demand rights, excuses, concessions, favourable laws and the altering of ethical standards just because YOU BELIEVE SOMETHING?

Give me a f&v*(cking break! I think all religions should take a long hard look at themselves and then leave us secular humanists to get on with our rational lives. Sure they can go all out in their hand-to- hand combat to convince each other they are right.

In the meantime stop bloody whinging about my inability to accede to your convoluted belief systems!
Posted by Iluvatar, Thursday, 30 November 2006 10:25:14 AM
tennyson's_one_far-off_divine_event,

"Sadly, we have relied on the mainstream TV and paper to be our interpreters. They are too naively optimistic, that we will all just live in harmony, once Islamic people 'feel' accepted."

I think Jesus was just as optimistic - "just love each other"?
Posted by K£vin, Thursday, 30 November 2006 11:53:49 AM
I'm with Iluvatar.

Similarly, the whole thing reminds me of the Red Dwarf episode where Cat is about to be the last of his kind, since all the other Cat people had died fighting over whether it was religiously correct that they should wear the green, or the red hats, despite the two schools of thought being identical in every other conceivable way. Idiots.

Sounds sadly like our future if we stay the current course.
Posted by Stomont, Thursday, 30 November 2006 1:34:25 PM
Stomont: Thank's mate !

I have a belief - call it blind faith, if you like.

This world without religion would be a more peaceful place.

Now let's see the argy bargy over that one !!
Posted by Iluvatar, Thursday, 30 November 2006 1:39:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy