The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Labor’s death wish > Comments

Labor’s death wish : Comments

By Peter McMahon, published 1/12/2006

The ALP is defunct - run by soft-headed opportunists with minimal understanding of the contemporary world.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Much as I dislike the patronising voice style of Howard, I would be far less attracted to the nasal, colloquial speech of Julia Gillard -the Jeannie Little of the ALP.
Posted by Ponder, Sunday, 3 December 2006 2:32:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ponder, more like Kath from Kath and Kym.

The other thing is how can something that is near dead have a death wish?
Posted by Rainier, Sunday, 3 December 2006 7:44:32 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think wildcat and DB have basically surveyed the situation well, with a few good survival tips added in. No matter the politics, Australia is going to bounce like flotsam in the wake of a world economy. Currently, were surfing on a Chinese /Indian boom – having body surfed, it would appear gravel rash and a good dumping is inevitable.

With a few acres, a vegie plot, a generator, a good wine supply and minimal debt one might just survive.

Kath and Kym I found to be a good analogy.
Posted by relda, Monday, 4 December 2006 9:37:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Keeping in mind the comments are often from some who never vote Labor I still find it hard to understand some one supporting Simon Crean for any position.
However Kevin Rudd [ and the party can be pleased] is no Crean or Latham.
He also is not the nice well loved Beazley.
He however is the first leader in all these years in the wilderness who can and will lead us back to goverment.
And he will be a briliant PM keep your powder dry this bloke will win the nation over.
Those who stood by Kim once too often must execpt both the party and Australians who want change have spoken.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 5 December 2006 4:31:37 PM
One thing Kevin Rudd certainly has over Kath or Kym is his far higher IQ.

Hopefully, the standard of parliamentary debate will improve where John Howard (himself a clever performer) will finally suffer a reasonable challenge. The public may have found him a 'safe-bet' for a little too long - let's see, shall we?
Posted by relda, Wednesday, 6 December 2006 12:45:44 PM
The Kath and Kim stuff is fear driven its the conservatives fearing a Labor party with leadership and policys.
Foget the bounce in the polls just watch this bloke take the party into winning position.
New policys and direction concerns conservatives for far to long they had an opersition unwilling to get wind in the sails.
IQ? not many will match Rudd.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 6 December 2006 2:54:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy