The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Busting the boomers > Comments

Busting the boomers : Comments

By Damian Jeffree, published 27/11/2006

Baby boomers may have to give up some of their ill-gotten gains to achieve a more equitable future.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Spider “You can ridicule my neulogical illness as much as you like for it only proves how Liberals are pushing the disabled into the gutter for you see us as rubbish to be tossed aside. While you lot behave like this, don't go calling me a Nazi.”

I am not ridiculing your neurological disease. I could not care what relationship you have to or with JH or any other Liberal party member. Martyrdom is not very becoming.

What I do care about is you have come here and proclaimed the imminent arrival of some new political wave of “fascism”, described as such in your own postings.

You have claimed you are the retired “forerunner” of that political wave.

You have declared a policy that people should not be allowed to own more than two properties.

You have refused to identify how you would either fund or implement that policy.

In the absence of any response by you to the direct question, I have fallen back on drawing a conclusion of my own which relates your “fascist” policy of restricting property ownership with the property ownership restrictions enacted by “fascists” in Germany in the 1930s.

When you are brave enough to tell us who you represent and when you actually answer the direct questions to your property ownership policy which I have raised, then I will not need to fall back on my own conclusions. Until then, your claims of being cast aside and suggesting I am calling you a Nazi are simply pitiful.

Do you have a policy position on how you will deal with dissenters when your new “fascist” regime is elected to or seizes power?

I ask because, if it is anything like the fascists who gained power in Germany in the 1930s, I will be one of those dissenters and need to order a good supply of yellow stars to sew onto my suits.

If you cannot or do not defend or expand on your stated position and policies, what else am I to assume?
Posted by Col Rouge, Saturday, 9 December 2006 6:27:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OK, so I am a Generation X and I want to buy a house probably in the next 20 years that I can live in as a retiree. Do I buy it now, or wait for a possible glut of property in the future when all the BB's are trying to downsize? (I did own a mortgage but due to work and constant moving, it seems unwise to continue buying and selling every five years or so).
Posted by ruze, Saturday, 23 December 2006 5:42:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ruze, I doubt whether prices will fall even when the BBs are cashing up. Likelyhood is bigger properties might get knocked down and redeveloped.

Re (I did own a mortgage but due to work and constant moving, it seems unwise to continue buying and selling every five years or so).

My 26 yo daughter is building her second property at present. Owning real estate is good way of acquiring an appreciating asset. I would suggest buying in and out of property market in short term bursts is not a viable strategy, but you know your circumstances better than I
Posted by Col Rouge, Saturday, 23 December 2006 9:35:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy