The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Time to act > Comments

Time to act : Comments

By Njongonkulu Ndungane, published 17/11/2006

Over the two-days the G-20 meet, 60,000 children will die from poverty related causes.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
The author says 60,000 people died while this conference was on. Can anyone verify this figure as it seems a high figure. Almost 11 million a year. If we all chipped in and provided the food to save all these (an impossible task) where would the world population be in ten years.

Add on the number that die from aids and people are working hard to find a cure for cancer and stroke.

While I have compassion, the mind just boggles at the expanding population figures.

Bugger Peter Costello, we do not need more babies in Aus. If anything every country should follow China's lead and limit one child per family for a few generations.

I cannot think of any other reasonable action.
Posted by Banjo, Monday, 20 November 2006 8:48:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rainier - 'Warm humanitarian people that you both are.'

Let's see how warm and humanitarian you feel when your job is exported to a Third World country. Then again, being such a humanitarian person, I'm sure you wont mind being unemployed so long as an Indian or Chinese person benefits.

The West has given billions to Africa with no discernable result except a rising birthrate. More than $380billion has been either stolen or wasted by Nigerian governments alone since independence in 1960. That means that the bloodsucking African 'elites' live a life of luxury at the expense of their starving people.

"Lefty sentiment for the plight of other human beings"

'Sentiment' is the operative word here. Tackling the problems of Africa will take more than 'sentiment' or warm humanitarian feelings. The only real way to stop the corruption and violence is recolonisation (which will never happen), or strict control of all aid given.

South Africa is a perfect example of people acting on 'warm humanitarian feelings' and no logic. Those champions of humanitarianism who brought Apartheid to an end are leaving like rats deserting a sinking ship because South Africa under black rule has become the rape and crime capital of the world - just like the rest of the continent.
Posted by dee, Monday, 20 November 2006 10:22:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
C.J..... I'm sorry I neglected to address a very important aspect of your previous post. (u remember it... the snide one :)

You said "and save some tot souls"

Firstly.. mind informing of what is a 'tot' soul ?

I did have some very fruitful conversations with a number of people, including animal liberationists.. surprisingly to me, most of the people I spoke to, agree with my position that neither 'Left' nor 'Right' alone will answer the problems of humanity politically.

An animal libber girl said she is totally cynical about ALL forms of government, I agree with her and explained what I said in an earlier post about 'renewed people'.. and Christ.

What surprises me most these days, is that people ARE open to discussing Jesus, as long as we are not yelling at them or ramming a little booklet down their throats.

Going from 'Issues' to 'Christ' seems to touch a responsive nerve in a nice way.

So, C.J. let me address this to you also, (again I'm sure) forgetting about my various 'postures' here, and you continual attempts to pidgeon hole me variously as a 'brown shirt', 'racist','liker of young girls', 'lousy supervisor' all of which seem to me more aimed at propping up a sense of self righteousness ? than denegrating me...

Why not consider encountering Jesus as The Christ/Messiah/Saviour yourself in the pages of the New Testament and then perhaps you will be able to 'correct' me with a greater spirit of gentleness than accusation, as you realize that we are both (all) sinners.

You see, fortunately, Salvation does not depend on 'me', it depends on your own committment to God in Christ. The Lord will not be asking you "so..wasn't that Boaz character a whacko...a this and a that"? he will be asking you "Did you search out the truth about me for yourself in spite of the meagre qualities of the messenger" ?

COL Rouge... those incidents you listed are quite something eh.. corn laws, etc. Next thing C.J. will be calling me a member of the Cato Street Mob' :)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 20 November 2006 1:21:16 PM
What i want to see is the figues 30,000 per day and even with live aid charities we cant keep up
what are they rabbits.

Hey dont get me wrong but come on.

how about some real figures for a change
Posted by tapp, Monday, 20 November 2006 7:00:57 PM
dee, since you're grasp of history is so astoundingly fertile please tell me who was it that disbanded aparthied in SA?
Posted by Rainier, Thursday, 23 November 2006 6:21:24 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No one Rainier, You see, it was a Leftist Lobotomized ploy;
They introduced it in Western Societies and called it MULTICULTURALISM;

The new Invented apartheid; Now don’t be angry Rainier; You have only been programmed by the Proletariat; Don’t be scared and enter the real world of knowledge; It won’t bite , I promise, Just the crap they have filled your head with will conflict like some computer virus, but help is near if you need it.
Just learn to think a little bit harder and break that terrible yoke.
It’s a new world of knowledge, and feel free to be independent .
Posted by All-, Saturday, 30 December 2006 9:45:42 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy