The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > An intolerant creed - New Labour’s Islam policy > Comments

An intolerant creed - New Labour’s Islam policy : Comments

By Nasser Amin, published 3/11/2006

Rather than encouraging the integration of Muslims into British society, the Blair Government’s policies are having the opposite effect.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
The "west", especially that which is expressed by democratic governance,is/was typically populated by Europeans who rebelled and who's societies underwent a revolution. Democracy is the compromise of citizen rule and the rights of the nobility. While much has changed since it's early beginnings the principles remain the core of our societies. In Islamic societies he who kills the most wins and he who has the biggest army keeps his reign. Tribalism is encouraged. Divide and conquer. Islam doesn't lift them up it subjugates, demands submissiveness to their leadership whether it's religious, judicial, or social. Muslims come from herd societies and self expression and voicing opinion is dealt with quite harshly. And yes there are some few Islamic states that are considered socially liberal but, those societies are also heavily monitored by state police and local Imams. "Allah knows best", and the state has shown that there are many ways to die for Allah.
Muslim societies need a revolution and Islam needs a reformation. Democracy can give neither to either.
Muslims have no history of general participation in society and have a fear of freedom and the empowerment of standing on ones own two feet and fully participating in their society. Free participation and having a voice in social management is so foreign a concept that they not only freely allow but, actively search out the Imams who will advocate non assimilation and the ghetto mentality. Most new immigrants do seek support and form local societies based on nationality and social practices but, they embrace freedom and generally dig in and participate to the benefit of all. Muslims are the first to migrate while fighting to remain oppressed and to not assimilate and to use the existing laws to impose their oppressive Koranic laws and dictates.
Naturally it leaves many stunned. It's like watching someone cut his fingers off one by one because his Dad lost a hand to a mining accident.
It's not reasonable.
Posted by aqvarivs, Sunday, 5 November 2006 5:41:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanx Relda...

my 'disagreement' with Col was not very passionate I confess.. all I meant was I just resent the idea of this ideology using our freedom to create a far less tolerant society.

But you are right, having a bit of this 'in our faces' is probably the only thing which will wake us up to the dangers before us.

I recommend ALL CHECK THIS OUT please

"Obsession: the Threat of Radical Islam" its on Fox but may be available through other venues.

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=24568&catcode=13

It was produced by a Jew I think, but his being Jewish does not matter a scrap when you can see the actual radicals speaking in English and ranting about how they are going to take over:
-England/UK
-Europe
-USA
-THE WORLD

Speaking also of killing the Christians etc.. Hamza of England said "See the Jidad books.. its all there"...and he is RIGHT.
This leads to the sad conclusion that the 'radicals' are in fact the 'correct' ones based on the true expression of Islam in history.

I've recently made a very detailed study of this, and have to agree that the moderates are simply avoiding these ugly truths because they (like us) just want to get on with life.

The problem is, the Radicals can show them "chapter and verse" and "Historical example" to indicate they are 'backsliders' and need to re-committ to true Islam.

The only way to defeat Radical Islam is

a) Kill it 100% or..
b) Show how it is flawed spiritually.

I adopt the latter approach.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 5 November 2006 6:36:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Relda “You may not agree with Col, but in a political democracy such as ours he is quite correct.”

Thanks for picking up the point relda

Hi David_B Don’t worry, you and I can disagree without acrimony.

The problem with democracy is its greatest weakness is also its greatest strength.

Democracy challenges people to participate. This Muslim tosser does not want to participate, he just wants to dictate.

I am guided by the old saying "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

Whilst he is here he has the right to express his view.

Better he expresses it openly and we can all see him for the fool he is than he only murmurs in secret to a band of morons (which is where he crosses the line into sedition).

In Australia’s recent history several loons of different persuasions have been banned from speaking appointments. These bans have always disappointed me. I recall the nazi apologist and holocaust denier David Irving being banned. I believe he and the rest should be allowed to come and we can see them for the fools they are, rather than offer them any shroud of martyrdom and mystique by denying them entry.

At this point I will be more philosophical than normal simply because when we deal with the central tenants of democracy, we have to be philosophical.

A democracy is strong because it is open to its own shortcomings and the ruling party can be dispatched and replaced efficiently, without resorting to civil insurrection.

A democracy is embracing of all those who participate in it and not exclusive or sectarian.

The point with encouraging Muslims to exercise their rights to participate fully in the democratic process and to experience the possibility of entering politics for themselves is, it powerfully demonstrates the superiority of a secular democracy over some medieval feudalist system, which is all a lot of Muslims have ever experienced.

Only by experiencing the sweetness of democracy will they recognise the bitterness of their historically held prejudices.

Posted by Col Rouge, Sunday, 5 November 2006 10:14:17 PM
Dear Bashir and other friends,

Your commitment to Truth, Compassion and Tolerance are to be admired.
The reality of your experience in Muslim 'abodes of peace' constrast with the dangerous fluency of the young Muslim apologists who use western logic effectively against the west (
see UK article on this site)
An intolerant creed - New Labour’s Islam policy
By Nasser Amin - posted Friday, 3 November 2006 http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=5088

We in the west and austalia do not appreciate that the local garden varieties of muslims differ significantly from their more vigorous cousins and uncles in far off exotic and unknown climes.

we are not even aware of the divisions and conflicts among the various sects and assume that their is one ummah.

in our ignorance of the ugly realities, we pretend that the 'religion' can be equated to our own beliefs and cultures and ignore history and current realities at our peril.

hisrotically Islam gloried in the gory days of conquest where it destroyed older and cultures and enslaved numerous countries till it was defeated by western expansions anger and jealous persists over time and is a convenient channel to target Islamic failings and blame anyone else other tham the Muslim countries themselves for the Muslim malaise.

we try and use platitudinous panaceas which, based on erroneous christian and western philosophical assumptions cannot be applied equally to an ideology whose underlying message can never coexist with infidel views in the 'abode of war'-the unconquered non-muslim lands which are viewed with greed and jealousy, ever since the time of the self proclaimed last prophet.

until we do so, we will have to be confused by the 'moderate'(?) muslims protest in self righteousness against any criticism, however well-based while ignoring the atrocities prevalent in their ancient, tribal fatherlands.

with trepidation.
Posted by Don Juan De Marco, Monday, 6 November 2006 11:20:24 AM
Find out more about this user
Posted by Don Juan De Marco, Monday, 6 November 2006 11:36:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy