The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What to do when under suspicion? > Comments

What to do when under suspicion? : Comments

By Scott Prasser, published 2/11/2006

When should public servants stand down? Recent events suggest we need clearer guidelines.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
In NSW there is no Crime and Misconduct Commission. I have extensive experience in these types of issues having made numerous formal allegations of systemic bias, victimisation, misconduct, manipulation of test scores and documents and corruption against public servants in Education.

Not only does the system not stand the public servants down to investigate a complaint, if the public servants happen to be of a senior position they get to handle their own complaints and they can close the matter internally without question or challenge.

Six years of continuous victimisation aimed at my children and we cannot get the allegations or matter looked at because those responsible have conduct of their own complaints and this is despite the fact that our children continue to be targeted. Numerous requests that we be afforded procedural fairness are ignored. Fresh allegations of new instances are filed away by those responsible.

Because the matter has been covered up internally the complaint is said to have not been substantiated (it has never been investigated and we have documentary evidence to prove it). It seems that nobody can take the complaint of them and they continue to do what they have done.

Nobody seems to have the power or be in a position to help. Investigatory bodies just ask those responsible and take their word on face value despite the fact that the evidence clearly shows that they are not telling the truth. Nobody has to afford the complainant any rights whatsoever! The whole process is a joke and procedural fairness and natural justice doesn't exist.
Posted by Jolanda, Thursday, 2 November 2006 5:57:11 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jolanda,
Since you are from NSW, have you asked the Ombudsman's Office for help?

And do you mean public servants, or is it teachers and principals that are in your sights?
Posted by ozbib, Thursday, 2 November 2006 9:32:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ozbib. Yes the matter is once again with the Ombudsman after receiving yet more documents under FOI that show without a doubt that what my family is alleging is true and that there is a conspiracy to cover the matter up. Problem is that I don’t trust the Ombudsman’s office, they can say whatever they want and they don’t have to investigate the matter or respond to you if they don’t want.

When we first presented the matter to the Ombudsman after receiving documents under FOI in late December 2002 that were alarming, the Ombudsman’s office just asked those responsible to respond who turned the focus on other things and ignored the issues, supported each other, blamed the computer for all errors etc, presented misrepresentations and on the basis of that information the Ombudsman refused to investigate the complaint or to provide my family with explanations for the issues that we brought up in our review request and for which we had an alarming amount of evidence to support our claims. The Ombudsman office refused to see us as has the Minister for Education. Nobody will see us. Since then any fresh allegations even if they refer to new instances of victimisation are filed away by those responsible on the basis that they refer to the same type of issues as before.

Our allegations are at bureaucratic level and are systemic and continous and that is the problem, the bosses are investigating their own complaints. This situation happened because my family made some public complaints about the neglect of the education of our children, there was an article in one of the major newspapers. We have been paying the price for the past 6 years for speaking out and nobody will protect the children from further harm. Had the Ombudsman investigated the matter in the Year 2003 then my children wouldn’t have had to suffer from years of having been systemically neglected, vilified, discriminated against and targeted.

The DET still won’t do the right thing. Public Servants are protected.
Posted by Jolanda, Thursday, 2 November 2006 10:52:59 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Public officials under suspicion, is the last bastion of protectionism that is in the process of being addressed in Australia, from what is seen. Is the 'government' no longer representative of the peoples will, and has it its own agenda and is on a path that is a separate intent from the laws of parliament created by public elect, and the people themselves who set up the government to govern themselves...

Well, I think its a good thing, Americans have shown this, that their 'government' seems to act as a 'ruler' of the the american people than 'govern'...meaning a clear difference in characteristics between the 'government acts', 'house of rep's- senate law makers' and the 'people in common will and want'. If not addressed, clear fractures will develop... and we all know what anarchy looks like,,, Iraq...

We all know the 'rule of law' and 'separation of powers' but what is most important is that is it working as it should, or is a face of deceit to hide an authoritarian 'government' by people who have hijacked the government service... I Australia we are blessed with a will to protect the future of our country and willing to act to force the our direction towards this when we start steering away... God bless Australia, while on god, may we all continue evolving on the path of spiritual awareness...

Sam
Posted by Sam said, Sunday, 5 November 2006 7:53:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Scott Prasser thanks for another thoughtful article.

What I don't get is, given all the people on OLO that have an opinion on just about everything, especially complaints and opinions that indirectly involves the government and bureaucrats, we only get four comments(so far) when they can contribute in a discussion on the actual causes of some of their complaints.

Jolanda: "...the bosses are investigating their own complaints." Yes exactly. Know your story been mucked around in similar way
Posted by ronnie peters, Monday, 13 November 2006 11:00:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy