The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Solving poverty > Comments

Solving poverty : Comments

By John McKinnon, published 1/11/2006

The World Trade Organisation is governed by a dictatorship of wealth.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Col,
Firstly, thank you for your contribution, I really appreciate it, I worked 3 jobs myself at one time, but I didn't have a child. The father is in Melbourne, couldn't handle the responsibility, her family is a disfunctional one in Melbourne, which is why she is up here looking for work, as she had no luck in Melbourne, and it's booming up here. Still positions are limited unless you either have a good education or qualifications. She was to do a T.A.F.E. course when she got the Woolwoths job, hoever if I may take the last part of your previous post.

This maybe something she can work with, I understand you are not a social worker, but the mere fact that you have answered these posts shows me that you have a good deal more compassion than I had previously given you credit for. Also I apologise for the assumption I made that "not having been poor yourself" it was meant as a matter of fact type statement, not an insulting one, thanks for your help once again Col, really appreciated, Regards, Shaun.
Posted by SHONGA, Thursday, 16 November 2006 4:38:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Col

I like this compassionate side of you. And I agree with what you say. We have obviously misunderstood each other in the past.

Perhaps each of us identified the other with an incorrect stereotype. Like two red rags to a pair of bulls.

I am neither on the left nor the right of politics and therefore am hard to classify.
Posted by logic, Thursday, 16 November 2006 4:58:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SHONGA, your friend is welcome, my advise is free but I trust she will find it more useful than most things which come for free, it is the same advise I gave to my daughters.

I would encourage your friend to get back into a TAFE course and “skill up” to meet the challenge of new opportunities which abound for all of us.

She needs to develop some life goals but she needs also to develop a plan to achieve those goals.

Wherein, the goal is the “what” and the plan is the “how”. No point in having a goal without a plan, nothing is ever achieved without determining a method and there is no point in having a plan without a goal, nothing comes form activity and method which is not focused on an outcome.

Remember it is her life, she can only do it for herself. No one will do or live it for her, we are all be too busy doing our own thing.

Oh and one sure thing, something which helps avoid the downward spiral of depression is to aspire to a place which is better than where you are. If you are so busy building what might be, you do not have time to be depressed about what isn’t.

Oh poverty, I did not take it negatively, it is not something which I dwell on, too depressing (see above).

Logic – maybe so.
Posted by Col Rouge, Monday, 20 November 2006 1:31:36 PM
Col,
We may disagree on some things, but we are as one on others, thank you for that "free" advice, the Beetles once sang "the best things in life are free" from where I stand, that's the "best" advice I have had from anyone, thank you so much.
Regards, Shaun.
Posted by SHONGA, Monday, 20 November 2006 1:55:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy