The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Maybe we're going too fast! > Comments

Maybe we're going too fast! : Comments

By John E. Carey, published 30/10/2006

My best suburban family of friends recently drove three hours to a one-hour wedding and then three hours back so they could get to the next scheduled event.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Great piece.
The sooner people understand that they this fast passed life by choice the better.
Posted by Kenny, Monday, 30 October 2006 11:21:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
...in other words the only way to win the rat race is to stop being a rat.
Posted by bennie, Monday, 30 October 2006 3:24:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am a simple labourer, I dont own a mobile phone and i work forty hours a week. My family and i are just scraping bye, but ill bet im happier than the all the people in suits working 100 hours a week. When i finish my day i go home play with my kids,do some gardening,buld model ships and on weekends go fishing or to sporting events life is good.People these days are planning their lives away so they can provide for their familys future id rather provide my family with my time and let the future take care of the future.
Posted by geoffro, Tuesday, 31 October 2006 1:12:10 AM
Thanks for reminding why I have refused to own a mobile phone - every now and then I do wonder if it is me who is out of step, not the other 99%.

I recently went to a family affair, a picnic in the park, and had to suffer all 33 members of my extended family enjoying this rare get together - each with their mobile phone.

Texting, misplacing them, answering calls, their minds everywhere at once.

This is a modern day Sunday in the park! Sheer madness.
Posted by gecko, Tuesday, 31 October 2006 7:30:57 AM
Hey geoffro - You truly understand what life is about !

I now live in the Blue Mountains of NSW (moved here 5 years ago) I go to Sydney, maybe, once a month. Crikey - all these self obsessed people with their dummy substitutes (mobile phones and bloody iPods)!

What did we all do before this technology? Answer: communicated WITH other people instead of AT them. (Just listen to the completely inane conversation of the teenager next to you on the train - waste of air - good thing you're not paying for the call eh?)
Posted by Iluvatar, Tuesday, 31 October 2006 10:22:45 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy