The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Logging to save the planet > Comments

Logging to save the planet : Comments

By Mark Poynter, published 27/10/2006

Anti-forestry activism threatens to exacerbate warming and water problems.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Freeranger isn't good you done some research and you finally changed your mind about Mark after I pointed out the truth to you about him?

And about Bernie Masters, if you failed to see any allegation from him about you.

Then why did you repeat the allegation from him that I could be a paid anti-development environmentalist?

So freeranger what's wrong with checking other people comments for the truth before replying?

PS Bernie is a Ex-Member of Parliament and as I see he cannot speak for himself, I guess you are his spin Doctor?
Posted by Kwv, Friday, 17 November 2006 4:01:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To people other than Kwv: thanks for your attempts to make this an interesting, rational and fact-based discussion about logging, but now seems to be a good time to quit since we're never going to get any useful or sensible comments out of Kwv.
Posted by Bernie Masters, Friday, 17 November 2006 4:11:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To people apart from Bernie, Freeranger and Tragedy (where ever you are?), thanks for your attempts to make this an interesting, rational and fact-based discussion about logging.

But Bernie, Freeranger and Tragedy now seems to be a good time to quit since we're never going to get any useful or sensible comments out of you 3.

As your own comments is proof that you are not interested in interesting, rational and fact-based discussion about logging especially when you cannot or will not accept reality.
Posted by Kwv, Saturday, 18 November 2006 1:00:29 AM
I have enjoyed reading your article Mark and agree with much of what you say but please check your facts about what is happening in Perth water supply catchments. The Wungong catchment is only 3.8% of the area of Perth catchments. So you are incorrect to say, "Western Australia has been quick to take advantage.."
This thinning is only a tiny TRIAL, just a PR effort so the WA Govt water orgs can trumpet that they are doing something and most of what they say has to have spin "fine tooth combed" out before truth emerges.
The reality of what is happening in Perth water supply catchments can be seen in my graphic at http://au.geocities.com/perth_water/ scroll down to, "Graphic of Catchment Efficiency 1980-2005 showing disastrous falloff 1996-2005 after ceasing catchment management." Click on thumbnail for a larger graphic.
It is perfectly clear from my graphic that the WA Govt is de facto decommissioning Perth catchments. If catchments had been managed post 1996 as they were before that date so as to keep yields steady, Perth would have enjoyed about 90 GL extra water per year on average. Equal to production from two Kwinana sized seawater desalination plants, which require an investment of ~$500 million each now. That puts on scale the cost of catchment neglect.
Posted by Warwick Hughes, Friday, 1 December 2006 6:29:10 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy