The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Logging to save the planet > Comments

Logging to save the planet : Comments

By Mark Poynter, published 27/10/2006

Anti-forestry activism threatens to exacerbate warming and water problems.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Dear Kwv,
In the last line of your last post, what "truth" are you referring to? Please explain.
I suspect you won't be telling us as you're trying to play a not very subtle psychological trick on me by attempting to get me to doubt my own beliefs. Nice try, but you won't win too many arguments that way, except maybe against the dim witted.
For the record, if you look at some of my past posts, you'll see that I'm a professionally qualified zoologist and geologist, a former state MP in WA and I was the shadow minister for the environment for 3 years to 2004. My stand is on the side of the environment, which includes the 6 billion people who shouldn't be ignored when trying to work out the future of our planet.
Have a happy day.
Posted by Bernie Masters, Wednesday, 15 November 2006 5:08:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bernie,
Maybe you say you are "a professionally qualified zoologist and geologist, a former state MP in WA and you were the shadow minister for the environment for 3 years to 2004".

But as your own comments prove, it seems you don't have the experience and knowledge to know you need to read people comments first and to get evidence before replying, as your claim that I am paid anti-development environmentalist is false.

So have a good day yourself as I have other people that I would like to reply to and hopefully next time you reply, you work out that in claiming someone is something you need facts, not false claims.

PS Going off at me and making false claims about what you think I do for a living, I find it is hard to believe that your stand is on the side of the environment.
Posted by Kwv, Wednesday, 15 November 2006 5:46:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kwv
I don't think youv'e enhanced the argument by attacking Bernie Masters!
Posted by freeranger, Wednesday, 15 November 2006 7:10:26 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kvw

You ask Bernie to open up his mind regarding the truth especially about logging. Please, enlighten us with the truth. I ask you don't waste our time and simply regurgitate the propaganda we know so well from the WWF, ACF or other NGO websites. Reveal solid evidence you can back with from peer reviewed research. Not a big ask to back up your claims is it?

Also, you accuse Mark Poynter of writing comments based on flawed logic. Could you please elaborate and give examples? You also accuse him of being a "spin doctor for the logging industry" by his association with the Institute of Foresters (IFA). For your information, the IFA is the scientific organisation representing the profession of foresters. It has no links to the forest industry. The industry focuses its main arguments on maintaining business and employment. Foresters main interest is ensuring the forests are managed on a scientific basis. If you want to dispute this claim, please avoid a personal vitriolic attack on me and simply explain to me and other readers the reasons why.

If you can't back up your claims with a sound argument, please don't waste our time participating in this debate.
Posted by tragedy, Wednesday, 15 November 2006 8:14:16 PM
Tragedy
You want me to enlighten you with the truth, but you considered information from WWF, ACF and other NGO websites as propaganga?

Okay I ask you don't waste my time and simply regurgitate the propaganda we know so well from the Looging Industry and groups connected with the logging . Reveal solid evidence you can back with from peer reviewed research. Not a big ask to back up your claims is it?

Or reading your own comments will it be the case, the "arguments"I called it a debate, will be just like from Mark and Bernie well be flawed and one sided?

And talking about Mark, if care to read Mark comments and who is connected with, you would soon realised reality as why I considered his comments to flaw.

So if you can't back up your claims with a sound argument, please don't waste both of our time participating in this debate.

PS You don't speak for everyone, so why didn't the last bit say "please don't waste SOME OF OUR time participating in this debate"?

Freeranger (and Tragedy), why do you think expressing an opinion is attacking someone? and on this basic maybe I should say you are attacking me with your opinions, but I won't as I am not like you, as I accept expressing an opinion is not attacking someone. And Freeranger do you think Bernie has enhanced the "argument" by writing false claims that I am paid anti-development environmentalist, without checking facts?
Posted by Kwv, Thursday, 16 November 2006 11:23:49 PM
Kwv
There is no doubt that Mark is a 'spin doctor' for the logging industry - his position is well known. But as for your comment about Bernie Masters, I didn't see any allegation from him about you. His post read: 'I note that Kwv criticises Mark for being a logging industry spin doctor - but he doesn't tell us anything about himself. He could be a paid anti-development environmentalist for all I know, doing exactly the same thing - spinning!'

What's wrong with that?
Posted by freeranger, Friday, 17 November 2006 6:29:53 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy