The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > If you can't stand the missionary heat, you should get out of Abraham's spiritual kitchen > Comments

If you can't stand the missionary heat, you should get out of Abraham's spiritual kitchen : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 21/9/2006

If Muslims become defensive or even hint at violence, they will be personifying and confirming the Pope's claims.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Ifan and Boaz_David,
As you know, I wrote to the Minister for Immigration regarding to what information we gave to prospective migrants, about our culture and society, BEFORE they actually decided to come here.

I now have a reply from the Minister's office, which refers me to the Departments website, www.immi.gov.au, saying "There is a myriad of useful information for prospective migrants....."

Ifran was right, we leave it up to the migrants to find their own info on which to decide if they come here or not. I cannot find much useful info on the website regarding our culture and society and even less about what different cultural matters are not permissable here. What info there is on the website is designed for immigrants AFTER their decission is made and have their visas.

I am now convinced the info we give to would be immigrants is woefully inadequate. No wonder some immigrants become anti-social.
I believe we have an obligation to properly inform migrants. For far too long we simply have been telling them that we are multicultural and all cultures are acceptable. I think that is deceitfull.

While I am dissappointed, I am not surprized, and I invite you to see the website yourselves and make your own assesment.

I will try to take this matter further.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 28 September 2006 11:54:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Here is a post sent to me by a Muslim via 'youtube' the video upload site.

[Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
Is the greatest, most honest, righteous, most modest, sincere creation of god EVER!
You know nothing about his life and who he is!
He never hurt anyone for no reason!
The only reason he fought was in self defense!
He was the greatest person EVER!]

Clearly he knows very little about the man.

Khaiber alone:
-Invasion (not self defense)
-Torture (to find the treasure)
-Decapitation of the tortured Chief (Kinana)
-Forced marraige to the tortured, decapitated Chiefs bride (on the battle field, not after the 4months & 10days prescribed by Allah)

http://www.answering-islam.org/Books/Muir/Life4/chap21.htm

Somehow... that young chap seems to have missed a few things, or filtered them out of his hard pressed brain.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Thursday, 28 September 2006 1:12:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kevin,

what do you mean tell that to the Aboriginies?

It never ceases to amaze me how little people understand things. When I talk of culture, and tribes, I'm not simply thinking of mine as better because it's mine, I'm thinking of the underlying aspects, the values, the bedrock, of western civilisation, not going to the footy on sunday or having a bbq.

I believe that the Aboriginies culture wasn't the way to go. I believe that the aim of mankind is to control our environment and leave this rock, to sow our seed in the universe.

I don't believe that one culture should have particular dominance over a piece of land, it's all about morals.

It depends what you mean when you think of cultures, people, races.

I see us all as human beings first and foremost, with basic rights and responsibilities.

This is why people like me can never accept a value system based on anything other than reason(ie, Islam) and yes, tribal savages who see everyone else as the enemy must go too.

Aboriginal culture is, as all cultures are, bogged down in useless tradition.

OF COURSE THE ABORIGINALS WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WESTERNERS IMPINGED ON THEIR WAY OF LIFE, and I'd say that the west has evolved more since then, but the basis of reason was still there.

With my values, human rights (as opposed to me being in charge of you because you are born into a lower tribe or caste, say) I can discuss with you why they are better, and logic proves that they are....
Posted by Benjamin, Sunday, 1 October 2006 4:17:30 PM
.......You will never convince me that a woman in Islam is anything but a sex object, no matter how hard you try. To cover one up at age of nine (woman is nine in Islam, many prominent Muslims like Khoemeini had 9year old wives) has no basis other than "mohammed told us so", so religion, in this sense, can never be accepted as the value system through anything but forced conversions - as it has in the Muslim world.

In one sense, we have destroyed Aboriginies culture, but in another sense, they, one day, would be exactly where we are today. Women in such tribes, whether we came across them or not (that is important though, as if it was say, the Japanese, they wouldn't even be here now would they) would have q'd the idea that they be given away as child brides to an elder.

THAT IS WHAT THE WEST IS, AN ETERNAL SEARCH FOR TRUTH. WE Q EVERYTHING, NOTHING IS OFF LIMITS, although due to extremist leftists who are having a stroke over the "ethnic other", Islam is, for now, off limits.

This can only mean that Islam is weak and can't stand criticism. It can mean NOTHING else.

Think about it, the way we in the west practice multiculturalism is that we all expect others to adhere to the values we developed - which are based on reason (the do unto others approach).

I believe that all the west takes from others is their food, they haven't much to offer in the way of value systems do they?

Would you take on Islamic values of a woman being worth half a man in an Islamic court? Of a girl becoming a woman at age nine?

Of stoning to death for the relatively minor crime of adultery?

Or values from Asia? Or values from Africa?

Or values from Europe before the enlightenment? Of course not, they are all decadent and inverted.
Posted by Benjamin, Sunday, 1 October 2006 4:23:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy