The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Are abortionists a protected species? > Comments

Are abortionists a protected species? : Comments

By Melinda Tankard Reist, published 15/9/2006

While the witch-hunt against pregnancy support agencies continues, some abortionists leave women injured and psychologically traumatised.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
I have had 4 terminations. It hurts my mind,my body,my everything.I fell pregnant on these occasions whilst using both the pill and condoms. I have pancreatic cancer. Nothing works in my body except my reproductive organs apparently. I wanted to continue with all the pregnancies but my body would not allow this. I take countless medications to just keep existing. One termination was performed in a hospital. The gynie told me I should keep my legs together in the future. Nice advice. The seccond and third were in a well known CBD Sydney clinic. My partner was on his way to the counselling session with me when he was told to go to medicare and sort out the paperwork as it would make the admin lady's job easier. He was not counselled. He needed it as much as I. The next time at the same clinic we were referred to, in front of a packed waiting room as "repeat offenders". Yes, some clinics are good and some suck! Those that suck are driven by $$$$ those that don't, need to make money to survive but are driven,I believe, by compassion, not just for the women and foetus but by the man involved. Judge away people but out the bread head bastards for what they are. Thanks
Posted by jams75, Friday, 13 October 2006 2:18:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jams75 “I have had 4 terminations. …. I wanted to continue with all the pregnancies but my body would not allow this.”

Jams75 you have my sincerest sympathy and support for exercising your right to make the hard and painful decisions which you have made.

If the meddlers were faced with the realities of your life, they might learn to meddle less.

As I wrote previously

“When you (the meddlers) know other people enough to know more about their circumstances, capabilities, capacities, desires, expectation and plans, then you will be in a position to make “abortion” / “no abortion” decisions for them.”

Best wishes for the best life you can muster, for as long as you can muster.
Posted by Col Rouge, Sunday, 15 October 2006 7:19:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jams 75 is proof that nobody can claim to know every circumstance that leads to abortion. Therefore nobody has the right to Judge the woman who decides to have an abortion.
For good or bad, what ever the reason a person has a procedure they are not the property of those who look down upon them and cast judgement upon them. Quite simply it is nobodies business other than those facing the prospect of abortion. I cannot believe for an instant that anti abortionists sincerely care about the unborn child. If they truly cared about unborn children they would have been pro-active in repairing climate change and have not supported political parties who spread war or follow beliefs that exclude non believers. The anti abortionist is the supreme hypocrite, the false accuser.

All the best to you in the future Jams 75. I sincerely hope things turn around for you.
Posted by West, Monday, 16 October 2006 9:28:37 AM
First of all, I'd like to thank you Melinda for all you hard work and dedication to womens health.
I fail to understand why we want the best medical care in every area of our life, yet when it comes to abortion, so many of us are willing to turn a blind eye to what is truely happening.
Recently a woman who gave birth to a large baby sued her doctor for not informing her. Yet we are willing to put up with abortionists who leave horrendous injuries. If a routine D&C was performed after a miscarriage and the doctor caused the same injuries, imagine the uproar.
Legalising abortion was supposed to stop backyard operators, but I can't see that anything has changed. I suggest we all get behind and support people like Melinda who aren't afraid to expose the truth.
Posted by broome, Thursday, 19 October 2006 7:19:42 PM
All Melinda exposes is political bias.
Posted by West, Friday, 20 October 2006 12:27:55 AM
Pro lifers are using the issue of women's health in order to impose their particular religious beliefs about abortion, contraception and women's role. The injuries that Melinda described: "severed fallopian tube, a fist-sized hole in her uterus needing 200 stitches, a torn bowel and bladder and missed baby body parts" imply that the doctor had no anatomical knowledge whatsoever and that he/she used a whipper snipper to perform the abortion. Perhaps Melinda read the story of this young African girl's injuries after an illegal abortion: http://www.newstatesman.com/200701290031
Posted by Maryan, Tuesday, 21 August 2007 6:53:48 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy