The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Just too busy being busy? > Comments

Just too busy being busy? : Comments

By Alison Sweeney, published 8/9/2006

Are you time poor? Is you work-life balance out of whack?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I've only got one solution - more hammocks.

Bung em everywhere. Put em in train stations, and in workplaces. Strap em up in buses and on the streets. Put em in cafes and libraries.

I'm thinking of starting a subversive, hammock stringing group that targets the busiest corporate professionals, replacing their large oak desks with - you guessed it - hammocks.

Target the offices of lawyers, judges and politicians (maybe not judges and politicians, they've been spotted snoozing on the job without hammock-related encouragement.)

Hit the busiest with the easiest answer, and the hardest to resist. After all... who can resist a quality hammock? Not I.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Wednesday, 13 September 2006 3:44:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interesting article and I have to say I agree with you wholeheartedly.

It's all become a little too cliched for my likes and it's interesting that the ones who feign busy-ness as an excuse to everything under the sun, are usually the ones who aren't busy at all, hence the need to boast of how busy and important they are. I mean in this day and age if you're not important, you must be im-potent right??!!

Still the eternal question remains - after all, if they didn't tell you how busy and important they were, how would you know?? And so life goes on I suppose... takes all types to make the world go round and for those of us who are supposedly less busy, it's fun to sit back and laugh at the excuses feigned by the eternally busy!!
Posted by mc, Wednesday, 20 September 2006 12:03:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy