The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Peace cannot be built on crumbling foundations > Comments

Peace cannot be built on crumbling foundations : Comments

By Bashdar Ismaeel, published 21/7/2006

How has it come to this? The historical conflict in the Holy Lands - renewed bloodshed or a just peace?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
BOAZ David,

I agree with you that migration of Israelis to Australia is unlikely, for the reasons you have stated. I did describe it as "equally unlikely".

Your comments on the media are very relevant, and again expose the fact that the media are only interested in promoting their own interests. That is why their analysis is shallow (as they try to appeal to the lowest common denominator), and big on emotional manipulation (focus on the negative all the time). Pictures of civilians, particularly children, killed or wounded are good copy, without any explanation of the circumstances if that would reduce the desired emotional impact.

The moral question that particularly annoys me is that no moral distinction is made between Hezbollah and Israel.

Hezbollah deliberately targets Israeli civilians, through suicide bombers and rocket attacks, and then conceals itself in lebanese civilian areas to make it difficult for Israel to attack it without causing civilian casualites.

Israel is attempting to destroy Hezbollah, but as far as I know the only civilians they target are connected with terrorist activities such as suicide bomber recruitment. Part of Hezbollah's tactic is to cause Israel to kill as many muslim children as possible to help win the propaganda war.

I believe the biggest issue for Australia in this whole affair is that when we were involved in the cold war against the communist bloc, there was one thing both sides had in common which was so basic that it was never mentioned.

That was that neither side wanted to die.

This led to the doctrine of mutual deterrence, and resulted in the cold war ending with relatively few casualties.

The current struggle is very different, with one side quite happy to die. The way the maniac currently running Iran is going, we may only be months away from nuclear war.
Posted by plerdsus, Wednesday, 26 July 2006 10:35:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Spot on Plerds

War comes from Hezbollah which comes from Islam, which comes from Mohammed who came from SATAN in my view !

They are nothing more than a well organized Mafia. Even Mafia dons did much beneficial social work in their own areas, but they also murdered and pillaged.

The religious element of all this must never be forgotten.

I wonder how Muslims would react to a sign like this:

DEATH and HELL to Hezbollah
DEATH and HELL to Hamas
DEATH and HELL to all who support their Satanic actions
CURSED is any religion which opposes Israel (Gen 12:3)
CURSED is any man who mutilates and Tortures men in the name of Allah. (Mohammed did this)
CURSED is any man who molests children.

The terror detainees are due in the (Melb) Magistrates court next monday.

I am sick to death of the demonstrations like in UK which called for the beheading of those who 'Insult the Prophet' etc.

I'm guessing that it would be like whacking a hornets nest with a stick, but thats ok. Sometimes the real character of people can only be revealed when they are confronted with the reality of where they stand.

They need to know that there are those who are unafraid to speak the truth and know the limits of the RRT2001 :)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 26 July 2006 7:49:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"War comes from Hezbollah which comes from Islam, which comes from Mohammed who came from SATAN in my view !"

"Sometimes the real character of people can only be revealed when they are confronted with the reality of where they stand."

Rest assured, you're not in any danger of that.
Posted by bennie, Saturday, 29 July 2006 3:37:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy