The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Pregnancy is not a disease > Comments

Pregnancy is not a disease : Comments

By Melinda Tankard Reist, published 24/7/2006

Women are going to be 'treated' for pregancy using an anti-cancer drug to induce an abortion.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 37
  7. 38
  8. 39
  9. Page 40
  10. 41
  11. All
Robert

If all goes well I think you will be happy with what we are trying for the book.

I apoligise for being off post but saw this and wanted to repond.

Take the time as we did to look at our work too.

There is no reason we cant support each others topics.

You got the wrong handle on the issue re animal welfare.

We are not the anti eating meat lot.

Your family if they kill clean should be able to eat the meat.

After having said that I am with You In so much as I couldnt kill

one either.

Especially looking into there beautiful eyes.

What we are protesting is putting those same wild creatures into crates and trucks then ships and exporting them wild.

It is THE most cruel thing anybody could ever do.

Live Cattle and sheep by the millions.

Your family are right.quick clean.

We are demanding church leaders in Australia and everywhere take a stand against cruelty to God creatures.

They turn their backs because they dont want to stand up to the government and risk loosing their grants. SHAME.

The Silence is deafening. The only way to get the church leaders to do their job, because it is their job to speak out about Animal cruelty is to point out to church goers they really need to raise this issue at their Church.

Philo Saw your comment for Ben.

Just consider these are god creatures too. You have got to admitt its pretty slack the church Saying noithing with this live export issue.
When in the living memory has 60 minutes ever done five segmants on the same issue.[never]
The Silence rom Church Leaders IS Shameful.
Your absense is also noted on the forum Philo.
Sorry Robert Couldnt resist
Posted by Wendy Lewthwaite, Tuesday, 5 September 2006 9:02:33 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Talk about beautiful eyes -- how about a cow?

One time, I was driving back to the city from my farm (I never got enough money together to develop it.). A bunch of cows had escaped and were in the middle of the one-lane road. I was exhausted, having hand-dug a hole for a septic tank. We crept behind the cows in my 66 Dodge truck that I still own and am redoing for the final time. Finally, the cows moved over to the side. I slowly went forward until the leader was beside the truck. She turned her head and banged my front fender. "You hit it!" my wife accused. "No I didn't. She hit me," I corrected. We went up the road, got out of the truck, and walked back to the cows. They were grazing on the road's shoulder. Cow eyes may be beautiful, but they're not all that bright. Afterward, I didn't eat meat for six months.
Posted by robert eggleton, Tuesday, 5 September 2006 9:20:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wendy you go girl.

Philo

Your credibility is again in question - I do not believe for a nanosecond that you tolerate ants in your jam or honey - that formic acid bites! And then, every time you across a paddock you crush insects, have you not considered this? - better not walk outside in future!

Robert E

Thank you for your considered posts on this forum. I respect the work you do for people - offering support; withholding judgement. That is the best we can do.
Posted by Scout, Tuesday, 5 September 2006 9:34:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Robert

[ Smile]

Ah dont know about cows not being too bright mate. She got you with thise big eyes didnt she,? and she probably meant to shove your truck out of the way too! by the way.
After all as you said you didnt eat meat for six months.
Your wife sounds like a Sweety.
Nice Story and thanks for sharing.
More important thanks! for walikng back to see if she was ok.
Thats the sort of thing that we like to hear.
Its also what makes children learn from the example of their parents.

Robert I am not going on too much about what I have in Mind For your book and children and education re Animal Welfare all in one.

I am so busy I am scared I will say something I cant carry through on.

As it is posting on top of PALE< HKM is a challange.
I have put a proposal to Ozgirl and if she is interested we might all just really work together.

Ok phil rattle those pots and pans because this is up your alley as well..
I will post about it as soon as I get a moment.

thanks Again For Sharing the story about the cow.
[Not Sure Philo! would have stopped.] grin?
Just kidding cant resist.
Come On philo dont Be A pillo.
oooopps Sorry I forgot we were talking about the pill or something wernt we.
[oh dear Forgive me father for I have sinned]

Apoligies Robert I wont do it again I just Wonder if your mate has any sense of humour

CHURCH LEADERS
Seriously Please help us speak out against barbaric cruelty through our churches.

Posted by Wendy Lewthwaite, Tuesday, 5 September 2006 12:58:11 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I came across this discussion for the first time tonight, and although you have all turned to talking about animal cruelty I would like to say something about terminations.

Although I obviously cannot speak for all women, I can firstly say the suggestions of adopting out unwanted children broke my heart. I had a termination in March, and given the choice between raising that child myself or another person raising my child I know I could never adopt out.

When I discovered I was preganant (my first pregagnancy, not an 'oh no' case of again not using contraception), I wanted to give birth to that child. I thought of it as my child from day one, not a tumor or anything else. I told my partner, who basically freaked out, discussed all the options with a doctor who gave me all the unbiased information I needed and did not force an opinion on me one way or the other.

I realised that realistically I could not have this child. My job was unstable, the pressure from my partner and family enormous, and a gut feeling that although I would love to be a mother I just wasn't ready for this. I had to have an ultra sound the day before the termination, again this broke my heart, seeing the tiny beginnings of a person and hearing the heart beat but it did not sway my decision.

I was not in the position to have a child, and I am extremely thankful that I had the right to choose. Every person is entitled their own opinions and beliefs but unless you are in this situation I don't think you have any right to judge. The anti-abortionists most likely have not and never will have to make that decision.

If I found that I was pregnant again I doubt I would terminate but I do support any legislation allowing women access to any drug that makes abortion an easier and safer process.
Posted by tangle, Thursday, 7 September 2006 1:26:46 AM
Tangle

How brave you are! and what an inspiration to others to make sensible informed choices.

Although this post is not really about terminations as such.
Its about this drug which is pretty much a morning after pill. Also to be fair i think the writer may have been complaining that it was not properly tested.

Well thats their story anyway.

You know if you had the time somebody should start a post on terminations and the right to choose when to become a mother if at all.

Sorry about my going on regading Animal Welfare but these Goody two shoes get up my nose sticking their noses into others private lives.
I am sure your family and your partner will respect your very well thought through choose.

Thats what its all about the right to choose.

thanks I think Your very brave to share that.
Posted by Wendy Lewthwaite, Thursday, 7 September 2006 4:47:11 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 37
  7. 38
  8. 39
  9. Page 40
  10. 41
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy