The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Reconcile or count the cost > Comments

Reconcile or count the cost : Comments

By Ted Lapkin, published 18/7/2006

Israel has a moral right to defend itself against brutal jihadists.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. 15
  14. 16
  15. 17
  16. All
The war in Kashmir is not a war over Kashmir. Kashmir is only the current demand. In the end, it is a war to recapture India for Islam. India, like Spain, Sicily, the Balkans etc, must be recaptured and re-incorporated into Dar al-Islam. The war in Israel is likewise not a war over Israel. It is all part of the same overall effort, to recapture what belongs by right to the Dar al-Islam.
What constitutes a "reasonable" response by Israel to the rockets lobbed into Tiberias, Safed, Haifa, everywhere? The "reasonable" response that would be given by France we know -- Chirac tells us he'll nuke 'em! The "reasonable" response of Russia -- the total destruction of Chechnya. We know what Great Britain and the United States would do. China.....? Let's not have any nonsense about "disproportionate" force.
Israel should be encouraged and cheered. And after that, every effort should be made to encourage them, as well, to come to their senses about the nature of the war against them, the need not merely to be more powerful than the enemy, but to be obviously so, in order that the Arab and Muslim leaders may invoke Darura -- that doctrine of necessity. That is the only way, in the end, to keep the peace between the Infidel state of Israel, and all those who are commanded to forever wage war on Infidels in order to spread Islam and to ensure that the conditions for the imposition of Sharia are attained, and Muslims rule everywhere.
As for all those 'peace activists' bleating about civilian casualties -- GET OVER IT! War is hell, and it's going to get worse -- everywhere!
Peace would be lovely, but we are facing an enemy whose concept of peace (Pax Islamica) involves death or subjugation of non-believers.
Posted by Skid Marx, Thursday, 20 July 2006 1:14:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Everyone of my grandparents were dual citizens - of Germany, England, Wales, Ireland, France and Scotland. Some joined the army to fight for Australia with the English against the Germans on the other side of the family.

Should the Australian government have left them to be bombed to bits? I notice no-one has suggested that dual citizen and mercenary Doug Wood should have been left in Iraq.

I found Lapkin on Lateline to be very cold and disturbing actually, maybe it is the former soldier in him but he fails to see humanity.

There was a well published picture of a beautiful young Israeli girl writing "with love from Danielle" on a bomb to be fired at Lebanon and in Tyre there is a terrible description of 55 dead children in one day alone with others being utterly vaporised as they tried to escape.

Is Israel trying for another master race? Lapkin claims that some of the Israelis are Arabs but seems to think that those Arabs are good while the others are bad.

Is Ted a dual citizen? Ted if you are caught in a war zone should we leave you there? Are the children of Lebanon really members of Hezbollah?

Is the might of the US backed Israeil warmachine really matched by a few rockets? What about those 10,000 rockets - they sound suspiciously like all the bombs and rockets Iraq was supposed to have had.

How many of those rockets would survive one nuclear weapon from the 250 nuclear warheads in Israel and why is the US giving the Israelis another week of killing?

Come on Ted and others, engage and answer some damn questions instead of telling a story as if it is a fact. I am not now and nor have I ever been politically naive - I am far too cynical.

But we are all equal and therefore dual citizen Lebanese have the same right to rescue as those who are not.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Thursday, 20 July 2006 2:11:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Marilyn:

I know you cut your teeth during the wild and wooly 60s, but you really need to stop seeing everything through the prism of the Vietnam war.

Doug Wood was a civilian contractor who was helping to rebuild Iraqi infrastructure. He was hardly a "mercenary," as you contend.

The Israeli government is working closely with the Australian government to try and effect the safe repatriation of Aussies in Lebanon. But it is unreasonable to expect Israel to implement a cease fire because Hizbollah would use such respite to resupply and rearm its forces. The end result of such a cease fire would be more missiles raining down on northern Israel.

Strewthie:

I really shouldn't have to administer these history lessons, but someone has to correct your distortion of the record. So here goes:

Israel's 1982 invasion of Lebanon (in which I personally participated) came after 12 years during which the PLO established an autonomous 'state within a state' enclave in southern Lebanon that it used to launch terror attacks against Israeli civilians. Do you notice any similarities to the current situation here? As long the Lebanese government can not/will not extend its authority to all corners of the country; and as long as the Lebanese government fails to prevent its territory being used as a base for attacks against neighbouring nations, then those neighbours have every right to take action needed to protect their citizens from foreign violence.

As for 1967, that was a clear act of self-defence against Arab annihilationist belligerence that manifested itself in, to mention just a few issues:

* Egypt's blockade of an international waterway to Israeli shipping (clearly an act of war in international law);

* the expulsion of a UN peace keeping force and the transfer of the bulk of the Egyptian army into close proximity with the Israeli border;

* belligerent Arab rhetoric about the upcoming battle to wipe Israel off the map

So your silly attempt to equate Hizbollah's unprovoked violation of Israel's sovereignty with past Israeli acts of self-defence falls flat on its face
Posted by Ted Lapkin, Thursday, 20 July 2006 7:02:51 AM
Dear Ted....

and by now I hope you realize the futility of arguing fact and history with the likes of Strewth and Marilyn.
You can repeat and repeat....but it won't change their thinking.

Marilyn is addicted to protest, seldom rational but aggresively compassionate.. sadly, she just sees 'the victims' rather than the causes.

Strewth is an as yet unknown quantity... he may well be a Palestinian, or Muslim, or a John Pilger clone, but one thing is certain, he does not see any acceptable out come other than reversing the tide of History.. his often mentioned 'right of return' is the clearest evidence of his real 'destroy Israel' agenda, as they are one and the same.

If you have had experience personally in the War there, and know the situation first hand.. surely you have that little voice inside which recognizes that as long as the Muslim Arabs are close by, they and their children and their childrens children will be hurling increasintly sophisticated Kassams at Israel..for crying out loud, I can design a guidance system myself, not that hard to hitch it up to a gps signal and improve the accuracy.. a guidance chip costs about $50 and are available in Sydney.

I refer you to my other posts about 'Final Solution'.

I'm sure you know "friendly Muslims"...but do you actually believe that those in the Camps will ever stop trying to regain their lost land ? (with better and better, more destructive weapons)

The best 'fence/security barrier' is to not have any of those nearby who it is separating you from. Give them new lives elsewhere.

By your own words re South Lebanon:

1/ PLO produced a 'state within a state' (same with Hamas)
2/ Hezbollah did the same.

yes.... time for that 'final' ....solution.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Thursday, 20 July 2006 9:52:24 AM
What do you say to a land developer whose deed and title is a 3000 year old pawn ticket, signed by a deity which has yet to manifest itself?

No matter what is built on Temple Mount, it will in effect, be an asylum for the insane.

These pictures show what happens when you heap weapons on the insane:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article14069.htm

"Never again" my mother said. I'm glad she can't be here to see her wise and heartfelt sentiments so abused.

Maybe we should give the non-Hebrew occupants of Greater Israel a new homeland in Madagascar.
Posted by Chris Shaw, Carisbrook 3464, Thursday, 20 July 2006 10:56:55 AM
Thanks for the historical revisionism, Ted. I guess you'll expect us to believe that Israel is "a land without people for a people without a land".
Posted by Irfan, Thursday, 20 July 2006 11:55:18 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14