The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Let's watch our judgmental language > Comments

Let's watch our judgmental language : Comments

By Richard Prendergast, published 13/7/2006

Official statements calling gays and lesbians ‘disordered’ and ‘violent’ don't make them feel welcome and respected by the church.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 37
  7. 38
  8. 39
  9. Page 40
  10. 41
  11. 42
  12. All
Celivia,

Well you might consider anal sex as ideal and pure behaviour. However it is both unnatural and unclean, and that is a well documented opinion. Biology and medical statistics verify it so.

You claim to not believe in God. The Christian view of God is not a distant being up in some cellestial heaven. That is an old world view held by those that do not understand the message of Jesus. God lives in his sons. God is spirit revealed in human character, attitudes, behaviour and wisdom by such the Christian accepts he ought to live.

You might deny you believe in character, attitudes, actions and wisdom. All of these from your opinion will differ from what Christ revealed by his life and words - so your god is not God as Christ Jesus lived. It is this glorious standard that all men will be accessed, and it this standard that Christians accept [believe in] that atones for their shortcomings. Recognition of Christ as lord [Master] of life places one as a believer who is repentant of his own shortcomings and accepts Jesus Christ as Lord.
Posted by Philo, Tuesday, 15 August 2006 8:45:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh dear, I can't help myself, really sorry everyone, I just can't resist. Philo, have you never heard of douching?
Posted by K£vin, Thursday, 17 August 2006 9:09:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
K£vin,

You've noticed too?

We all tried to explain to Philo posts ago that anal sex isn't restricted to gay males - he is a bit obssessed, isn't he?

And we all know about those who protest the loudest...........
Posted by Scout, Thursday, 17 August 2006 1:17:32 PM
Philo,
Does it really matter to you what someone does in their own bedroom? It is not important whether anal sex is natural or unnatural- I won’t even bother to discuss the unnaturalness of anal sex. Total and lifelong abstinence for priests is natural?

What is important is consensual sex and love between partners (and douching, LOL). Homosexuals do not harm you. Anticipating what you’re going to say something new about uncleanliness: condoms to prevent STD. Having unprotected heterosexual sex can also spread STD.

“You might deny you believe in character, attitudes, actions and wisdom.”
Atheists or people who believe in another God than the Christian God can still have just as many virtues as a Christian. And vice versa- being a Christian doesn’t guarantee s/he possesses these virtues. We all have seen Christians behaving badly, haven’t we?

Face it, Philo, we are all sinners. Some people might be good at covering them up, or decide to categorise sins into little sins or big sins, or natural sins and unnatural sins. But still, I imagine we all have sins in the eyes of God (if there was one). You can fool your neighbours but not God.

I do not need to recognise a God or to belong to a religion to know that what I do or say sucks sometimes. I have a conscious. I know and feel what’s right or wrong. I try to be good, but sometimes I am bad. I do not need some outdated book and commandments to tell me what I ‘should’ do or approve of, or how I should judge others.
It’s fine to believe in God or go to church or read the bible if that’s what makes you feel happy- but please, all you religious people, do not impose it on anyone else.
It’s ridiculous to tell people they go to hell if they do not live to your religious standards.

Scout and K£vin!
Thy should not indulge in these temptations! Control thyself and resist, resist, resist! Go and douche thou filthy souls.
Posted by Celivia, Thursday, 17 August 2006 2:00:48 PM
I confess, I be impure...........must cleanse myself of improper thoughts...... now where did I leave that douche?.

Sorry, but I just can't seem to stop myself - in arguments that go on too long I usually end up laughing (this has often caused problems for me) and I guess K£vin provided the catalyst for me this time round.

Celivia I do admire your patience with Philo - but he wants to disapprove, it makes him feel better about himself if he can sit in judgement of others and believe himself to be superior.
Posted by Scout, Thursday, 17 August 2006 2:18:53 PM
Hi Scout. Hi Celivia. I really do enjoy reading both your posts. Its good to know there are sane people in the world like you two.

Scout, I can't help giggling (histerically) too. I really had made up my mind to stay off this thread, but I suppose sometimes, you just gotta do what you gotta do.

I realised quite early on that there really is no possibility of having a logical discussion with some people. I agree with you Scout, Celivia displays incredible stoicism and patience with Philo.

She is so brilliant (and I know she is more than capable of looking after herself) that a bit of moral support now and again has to be good thing.

Any way, as they say in France.. time to go douche again.
Posted by K£vin, Friday, 18 August 2006 4:01:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 37
  7. 38
  8. 39
  9. Page 40
  10. 41
  11. 42
  12. All